Radiator Drain Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it's officially called another word- but can someone tell me if this is the OEM plug/same thread size? It's about 12mm in diameter. I'm trying to do a drain, flush & fill, and this just twisted apart (I think I found my leak though!) the radiator in my 80 has been replaced by the prior owner, so I'm expecting some trouble finding a plug quickly.

If it is OEM, any idea on part number or a similar/better plug from a different model Toyota?

Mine's a 96 if that matters (I think I've seen some differences listed between the early and later models)
image.jpg

Broken probably because either it's very old or more likely someone screwed it on too tight with some pliers. Remember to make sure the plug comes with the rubber o-ring.

Broken probably because either it's very old or more likely someone screwed it on too tight with some pliers. Remember to make sure the plug comes with the rubber o-ring.

Probably a little bit of both! It twisted apart under very little effort

I was going to drain mine by removing bottom radiator hose then flush by putting hose nozzle in that hole, to remove any sludge?

It's called a petcock. For future reference any auto part store will have it. I'm using a Fumoto valve there in case I want to drain off coolant easily without making a huge mess.

It's called a petcock. For future reference any auto part store will have it. I'm using a Fumoto valve there in case I want to drain off coolant easily without making a huge mess.

Yeah I know. I was just making a joke haha. What model futomo valve did you use for the radiator drain? All I've been able to find online is for the oil drain.

I couldn't find one in the right size at my Auto Zone or Pep Boys, so I got it coming from my local dealer. I'm replacing heater and radiate hoses while I'm in here, so I have a day to wait

Ugh that sucks!

I'll have to look up which one I used. I have a Ron Davis radiator but the bung size is supposed to be the same.

I know it's officially called another word- but can someone tell me if this is the OEM plug/same thread size? It's about 12mm in diameter. I'm trying to do a drain, flush & fill, and this just twisted apart (I think I found my leak though!) the radiator in my 80 has been replaced by the prior owner, so I'm expecting some trouble finding a plug quickly.

If it is OEM, any idea on part number or a similar/better plug from a different model Toyota?

Mine's a 96 if that matters (I think I've seen some differences listed between the early and later models)View attachment 1191346
Good evening!

My '92 had the same drain plug as yours (please see picture). In preparation for the radiator flush I had already ordered the Toyota drain plug. However, the Toyota plug doesn't fit! I then tried to re-use the one that came out but was unable to screw it in straight to make a seal. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help!

Francisco

drain plug.jpg

Does anyone know the part number for the drain plug in the first post? I’ve tried several dorman ones 61125, 61112, and 61136. From the pictures, it looks like dorman 61125 is a copy of the OEM Toyota 16417-15210.

Trying to replace the broken one on a 97 LX but have not found one that looks like the one in post #1. None of the ones I’ve tried will fit.

Have you tried the Toyota oem part # mentioned in post 3 that you listed ?

Ugh that sucks!

I'll have to look up which one I used. I have a Ron Davis radiator but the bung size is supposed to be the same.
Any chance you have that number handy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom