Radiator Dilemma fj80

• Thread starter lumberjack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
lumberjack

lumberjack

For those of you that have done the V8 conversion on an 80 series, I was wondering if any of you had to change the radiator or if the stock one is good enough for the V8. My current radiator has a crack in it :doh: and I am looking for a new one. I have the 3FE motor right now but I am looking to do the conversion to the V8 hopefully in a year or so and I would hate to spend the cash for a stock radiator now and then have to buy a different one for the V8 when I am ready for the conversion. I would like to buy one now that would work for both the 3FE and a V8 in the future. I was looking at the Brass Aftermarket radiator from Specter because I really do not want a stock plastic radiator. If any one has used that radiator from Specter in front of a V8, any information on it would be great. :beer:

Thanks

C

cruiserman

IIRC Jeff Jones used the stock rad with his SBC conversion. In any case, I would not buy an aftermarket rad from Specter as you're just paying the middle man markup. Order direct through radiatorsexpress or radiators.com, etc. It will be cheaper.

P

Pokemon

lumberjack,
I bought my all metal radiator CSFracing. from a local shop.....
Same feeling here about plastic....
Don't know if the V8 conversion, will work on these rads....bump.
Anyone else.?