Radiator core support help... can I replace just the lower tie bar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are the right and left radiator supports welded onto the lower tie bar? Is it possible to just replace the lower tie bar and keep the side supports and upper tie bar?

Dang rust.

IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_2994.JPG

Was hoping someone could help me out here, I'm a newbie... 1996 FZJ80. Bought a new lower tie bar for the core support, I've got battery box, grill, headlights, metal valance, radiator out... Trying to figure out next steps... Appreiate any advice...

It looks like the front cross member is a separate piece and the part number is 57104-60020. Hope this diagram helps. Good luck.
8a86a1d3c6b01ca010acc949ce50a77d.png

Last edited:
Welcome to MUD :)
Tried to find a diagram for you on PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World - https://partsouq.com
I didn’t find the right diagram, but if you enter your VIN number and search for the lower tie it might answer your question. PartSouq has the same diagrams as the dealer.
I’ll dig into my FSM (factory service manual) to see if it mentions anything. You can download a copy here on MUD.
Edit...^^^ that’s the diagram above, I was looking for.

Ive been there not long ago. You need to swap the whole thing out. Once you cut the thing aprt to reomve it you will see that it is a rather multilayered structure there that would be tricky to separate, even if you had just the lower part. I posted a wanted ad on the classifieds here and had a nice rust free one from texas in my shop within days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom