Radiator Barn Experiences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://radiatorbarn.com

In the martket to replace my 22x19 (fits stock cradle) in an sbc conversion.

Currently have a copper/brass 4-row. Local shop that built it in the first place wants 300 bucks for re-core using existing tanks/mount. $pector wants $310 for a new unit.

I have seen Radiator Barn mentioned, and they are $200 including shipping (metal radiator too)

Can somebody provide their experiences. Too good to be true?

Mine has been great so far. I ordered from them because of the good review I the read on mud. You can get the heavy duty four core shipped for 200, much better deal.

Wow - never ran across those sub-$200.00 summit universal aluminum radiators before. Was almost ready to buy the OEM replacement form radiator barn. Anyone have experience with the summit universal aluminum radiators? Particularly w/ respect to which is easiest to install? Can one be retrofitted to FJ40 radiator mount/shroud with minimum fabrication?

Thanks.

Bought the 4 core hd for my stock inline 6, came in two days standard, my gauge doesn't even get to the half way mark, even on hottt days. Great product, can't beat the lifetime warranty.

I run a 350 in mine, installed it with the taurus fan from camcruiser, wired it up with a SPAL fan controller (mostly because I'm lazy and didn't want to take the time to figure out all the relay's and stuff). So far the highest my temp gauge has gotten to was around 200. It usually hangs around 190 or so which I think is a little too cool. Anyway, their radioators are top notch and the service is great.

I see this thread is old but anyway, I just got a new radiator from the radiator barn. I purchases the 4 row hd, I have a SBC 350, but here are my questions: What mixture should I use? I was told to use distilled water with anti-freeze? Another said just use all antifreeze? I only use it in the summer because I live in Michigan. I don't want over heating issues. One last thing, thinking about ditching my mechanical fan and going electric, any thoughts there? Thanks!

I too have a radiator barn 4 row HD. Works well. Use at least 50/50 mix. Recommended distilled water as it keeps corrosion down.

I've bought about 5 radiators from them for 5 different 40/45's. Everything has always been perfect. I'd buy a radiator from them any day.

Matt

I see this thread is old but anyway, I just got a new radiator from the radiator barn. I purchases the 4 row hd, I have a SBC 350, but here are my questions: What mixture should I use? I was told to use distilled water with anti-freeze? Another said just use all antifreeze? I only use it in the summer because I live in Michigan. I don't want over heating issues. One last thing, thinking about ditching my mechanical fan and going electric, any thoughts there? Thanks!

All coolant won't cool as fast as a 50/50 mix.

I have radiator barn radiator and a Taurus electrical fan with sbc. Happy with it. Like I said in 07 heard good things and now I say good things about them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom