Radflo 2.5"RR shock install Woes - Need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering if the Radflo shock I bought is even for the 100 series....lots of things have me wondering as the AHC shock is out and I've taken some measurements! I just put on the Sway Away torsion bars as well and they're adjusted to 20.5 inches from hub to fender. The shock is the standard travel option and not the extended travel ones.

So I'm having trouble putting the shock on, the tire is off and I have the AHC shock out. At full droop, the shock at full extended is 2 inches longer than the AHC. This means that if these shocks were on and installed, I would have maybe 3/4th to 1 inches tops of uptravel before hitting the bumpstop. I can't get enough droop to put the shock in. Even if the shock was put in, looks like there would be very little uptravel.

Here are the measurements I took - full droop, tire off. Top shock mount to bottom shock mount is 17 inches. Length of shock from the top of the rubber mount to the the bottom mount is 20 inches. This means that when compressed, I might be 1 inches of uptravel.

2nd problem is I'm having trouble fitting the top nut with the bushing onto the top mount. I can maybe get one or two threads on. Its not long enough. I've put up pictures comparing it to the old AHC shock.

Are the 32mm thick Sway Away Torsion bars limiting downtravel/droop, limiting so much that I can't even get shocks on? Did I make a mistake buying SAW torsion bars instead of OME? The front at the moment will be stock for the next 7-8 months as I need to save to afford to buy a bumper. Spent all of it on a nice suspension.

Anyone chime in? They look like front shocks for a 100 series though.....

Sending Radflo an email, and hopeful for a response Monday/Tuesday as the LX is taking up space in a friend's garage at the moment without shocks.

20190622_142516.jpg

20190622_142747.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom