RADD Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I first reached out to John/radd cruisers on July 17th looking for an ac compressor after seeing a similar model to the one I was looking for on his website. he was able to find me the right part and got it sent out July 21st. I payed a crazy amount for next day shipping because I needed the part by that weekend. Up until here his service was good. Fedex ended up losing the package in Tennessee. On august 1st John said he'd file a claim on it (since only the shipper can file claims) and that he'll keep me updated on that. Shortly after, I called fedex and they told me a claim was never filed, i emailed John a few times to figure out what the wait was for him to file a claim and he never got back. After a while I gave him a call and he said he'd been out on vacation for 2 weeks but he had ordered another compressor that should be at his shop by now, and he told me when he gets home he'll send that my way as well as give me the fedex claim number. And see where they are with getting us that refund. well that's the last time I ever heard from John, was sometime in august. he never sent the compressor, never sent me the claim number and never sent me my money back. I emailed him again on august 25th to find out he had blocked my email. I then TEXTED him on September 14th on the number we had previously talked on and told him to let me know if he can get me a compressor or not because I need one by sep 25th LATEST. he read the text on September 14th, but didn't respond. After screwing me over once again, September 25th rolls around with nothing, I give him a few more days and on sep 28th I text him that he needs to send me an entire refund for the part AND next day shipping. No reply. Lastly I sent him a PayPal request on October 5th for the price of the compressor and the shipping. he declined it, no call no message, no reason, just declined. this guy has simply taken my money and run. he's lucky I don't charge him his own 2.5 percent per month interest rate that's in the invoice contract, plus extra for the inconveniences of not having AC in a SoCal summer, +the amount of money wasted because I had to find other transportation for commitments,+ the fact that its not drivable anymore because of the state of the compressor...but all I've asked for is my money back. do not do business with him.

Did you file a claim with your credit card?

I first reached out to John/radd cruisers on July 17th looking for an ac compressor after seeing a similar model to the one I was looking for on his website. he was able to find me the right part and got it sent out July 21st. I payed a crazy amount for next day shipping because I needed the part by that weekend. Up until here his service was good. Fedex ended up losing the package in Tennessee. On august 1st John said he'd file a claim on it (since only the shipper can file claims) and that he'll keep me updated on that. Shortly after, I called fedex and they told me a claim was never filed, i emailed John a few times to figure out what the wait was for him to file a claim and he never got back. After a while I gave him a call and he said he'd been out on vacation for 2 weeks but he had ordered another compressor that should be at his shop by now, and he told me when he gets home he'll send that my way as well as give me the fedex claim number. And see where they are with getting us that refund. well that's the last time I ever heard from John, was sometime in august. he never sent the compressor, never sent me the claim number and never sent me my money back. I emailed him again on august 25th to find out he had blocked my email. I then TEXTED him on September 14th on the number we had previously talked on and told him to let me know if he can get me a compressor or not because I need one by sep 25th LATEST. he read the text on September 14th, but didn't respond. After screwing me over once again, September 25th rolls around with nothing, I give him a few more days and on sep 28th I text him that he needs to send me an entire refund for the part AND next day shipping. No reply. Lastly I sent him a PayPal request on October 5th for the price of the compressor and the shipping. he declined it, no call no message, no reason, just declined. this guy has simply taken my money and run. he's lucky I don't charge him his own 2.5 percent per month interest rate that's in the invoice contract, plus extra for the inconveniences of not having AC in a SoCal summer, +the amount of money wasted because I had to find other transportation for commitments,+ the fact that its not drivable anymore because of the state of the compressor...but all I've asked for is my money back. do not do business with him.
Bump. He emailed be back and said that fedex refunded him 500 Canadian dollars so All he can refund me is 500 cad. I payed about 850 cad. The business should be willing to take the loss if they don’t deliver a product to the customer.

The loss of products or damage caused by shippers, FedEx in this case, is not the responsibility of a vendor.

PayPal seller and buyer protection is very clear about these kinds of situations and as such no claim is possible against a vendor when has provided the required tracking information and that a vendor has done their part but the shipping company has in some way failed to deliver.

FedEx was used at the specific request of the purchaser due to their very limited time frame. The purchaser did not request additional insurance for their FedEx shipment.
After many, many hours and several months of submitting and re-submitting evidential documents and corresponding back and forth with FedEx claims department, this was eventually sorted out in late November or December (I don't recall the exact date - however the purchaser was notified soon afterwards). FedEx refunded the cost of the item at their maximum rate for a lost and un-insured shipment.

In no way has this purchaser been "screwed over."

The purchaser, in turn, has not responded to the return of funds message that was sent and the options that were offered.

In conclusion, this was a problem with FedEx and NOT RADD Cruisers, and the timelines for sorting things out were determined by FedEx and their claims system and personnel which, apparently, can be very slow even when I'm nagging them on an ongoing basis to find a solution.

-------

Other information:

I do not normally use FedEx (or DHL) due to their often very high costs and past problems with their service when express shipping to the USA from Canada.

Canada Post also uses (hands off to) FedEx for Canada Post Priority items that go out of country (out of Canada) - and all of the shipments that have been sent when this service was requested have been problematic and, as such, I have discontinued offering this service and eCom customers are not able to select it anymore as it has been made unavailable and this has been clearly stated in the Shipping Terms.

My lack of quick message responses in September was due to being away in remote northern British Columbia on a few different occasions in August-September, and again in September-October, with very poor or absent cell service. The customer was aware of this at the time as my responses to him included this information when I did get his messages.

And, no, I don't have the financial capacity as a small business owner to out-of-pocket refund the full amounts or top-up on items that are lost (or damaged) by shippers; this is not a reasonable request to make of any business (even though I fully acknowledge how much it sucks to be out of pocket as this has also happened to me on supplier shipments when I have chosen not to insure them).

~John

PS: i have never blocked an email address. I don't know how you came to think that.

Last edited:
I emailed him again on august 25th to find out he had blocked my email.
I have yet to block any email address.
Bump. He emailed be back and said that fedex refunded him 500 Canadian dollars so All he can refund me is 500 cad. I payed about 850 cad. The business should be willing to take the loss if they don’t deliver a product to the customer.
Max,

Actually, you are posting inaccurate information here.

It seems to me that you are making me out to be the bad guy when, in fact, it really has nothing to do with me, rather it's a FedEx issue.

I somewhat have over 20 pages of documentation of correspondence with FedEx.

The refund amount was not C$ 500.00, that was the amount that was the maximum amount FedEx was going to pay for an uninsured parcel, not including the shipping costs. FedEx refunded this through a snail mail cheque.

I sent you a detailed email on this Dec 03 2021 at 1:20 pm, outlining various refund options that would help you make good on the difference between what FedEx has paid back in the claim vs what you paid for the compressor and shipping.

--> To date, I have not heard back from you.

The amount is C$ 500 for the compressor PLUS the shipping costs at C$ 248.80 for the overnight shipping
(and minus any transaction fees that may be charged) which is: C$ 748.80

Since the original payor of the purchase was not in your personal name and does not match the records I have for you, I have not "just send the funds into the ether" to be claimed by whoever receives it, as I would be liable for these funds if you did not personally get them.

I don't like trying to sort out differences on a forum, it's not where this should be done. However, here we are.

Still awaiting your response almost 3-1/2 months after letting you know that FedEx finally came through.

~John

Last edited:
The loss of products or damage caused by shippers, FedEx in this case, is not the responsibility of a vendor.

PayPal seller and buyer protection is very clear about these kinds of situations and as such no claim is possible against a vendor when has provided the required tracking information and that a vendor has done their part but the shipping company has in some way failed to deliver.

FedEx was used at the specific request of the purchaser due to their very limited time frame. The purchaser did not request additional insurance for their FedEx shipment.
After many, many hours and several months of submitting and re-submitting evidential documents and corresponding back and forth with FedEx claims department, this was eventually sorted out in late November or December (I don't recall the exact date - however the purchaser was notified soon afterwards). FedEx refunded the cost of the item at their maximum rate for a lost and un-insured shipment.

In no way has this purchaser been "screwed over."

The purchaser, in turn, has not responded to the return of funds message that was sent and the options that were offered.

In conclusion, this was a problem with FedEx and NOT RADD Cruisers, and the timelines for sorting things out were determined by FedEx and their claims system and personnel which, apparently, can be very slow even when I'm nagging them on an ongoing basis to find a solution.

-------

Other information:

I do not normally use FedEx (or DHL) due to their often very high costs and past problems with their service when express shipping to the USA from Canada.

Canada Post also uses (hands off to) FedEx for Canada Post Priority items that go out of country (out of Canada) - and all of the shipments that have been sent when this service was requested have been problematic and, as such, I have discontinued offering this service and eCom customers are not able to select it anymore as it has been made unavailable and this has been clearly stated in the Shipping Terms.

My lack of quick message responses in September was due to being away in remote northern British Columbia on a few different occasions in August-September, and again in September-October, with very poor or absent cell service. The customer was aware of this at the time as my responses to him included this information when I did get his messages.

And, no, I don't have the financial capacity as a small business owner to out-of-pocket refund the full amounts or top-up on items that are lost (or damaged) by shippers; this is not a reasonable request to make of any business (even though I fully acknowledge how much it sucks to be out of pocket as this has also happened to me on supplier shipments when I have chosen not to insure them).

~John

PS: i have never blocked an email address. I don't know how you came to think that.
John, a few things

1st, never once has a company required the buyer to purchase insurance on a package. I get fedex lost it, but as a company it’s your job to get me a product I buy. If I’m in a restaurant and the waiter drops my food on the way, does the restaurant tell me “sorry we can only refund part of your food that you never got”? That’s not how it works. Also, after i was told by you that you had filed claims with fedex, I called fedex and they told me that the claims had never been filed.

2nd, I received no reply’s from you from august 1st all the way to December 3rd. Must have a pretty long range fuel tank to go 4 months with no service.

3rd, I had a call with you in mid august where you told me you were sorry for the wait and that you were on a drive back and would be home 12 hours from then, and that you HAD a replacement ac compressor ordered and that should be at your home by the time you got back, and that you would send me the fedex claim number when you got back. I was understanding, but then I got no calls texts or emails.

I then texted you on September 14th telling you to let me know what the claim number was so I could check with fedex, and that I NEEDED a compressor by the 25th of that month. you READ the text but did not reply. I gave you til September 28th til I texted you again asking for a full refund of everything.

lastly, I was "screwed over", I had many commitments that I had to either cancel or find other transportation because it was the middle of summer in California and the temperatures were 100+ and AC was a necessity.

Last edited:
I have yet to block any email address.

Max,

Actually, you are posting inaccurate information here.

It seems to me that you are making me out to be the bad guy when, in fact, it really has nothing to do with me, rather it's a FedEx issue.

I somewhat have over 20 pages of documentation of correspondence with FedEx.

The refund amount was not C$ 500.00, that was the amount that was the maximum amount FedEx was going to pay for an uninsured parcel, less the shipping costs. FedEx refunded this through a snail mail cheque.

I sent you a detailed email on this Dec 03 2021 at 1:20 pm, outlining various refund options that would help you make good on the difference between what FedEx has paid back in the claim vs what you paid for the compressor and shipping.

--> To date, I have not heard back from you.

The amount is C$ 500 for the compressor PLUS the shipping costs at C$ 248.80 for the overnight shipping
(and less any transaction fees that may be charged) which is: C$ 748.80

Since the original payor of the purchase was not in your personal name and does not match the records I have for you, I have not "just send the funds into the ether" to be claimed by whoever receives it, as I would be liable for these funds if you did not personally get them.

I don't like trying to sort out differences on a forum, it's not where this should be done. However, here we are.

Still awaiting your response almost 3-1/2 months after letting you know that FedEx finally came through.

~John

Also, there’s no inaccurate information. You said the ammount you could refund me was capped at 500 CAD. I payed about 850 Cad. Here are your exact words

2. Refund the amounts that were returned to me from FedEx less the processing fees for the banking charges and or PayPal refund/sending money charges. This would be at a slight loss to you since, unfortunately, the item refund amount is capped at $500 by FedEx.”

You stated no-where that it’s 500 +248 for shipping.
id also like to point out, this isn't a new thread. this post was made about 2 months before you offered me the refund of 500 cad.

John, a few things

1st, never once has a company required the buyer to purchase insurance on a package. I get fedex lost it, but as a company it’s your job to get me a product I buy. If I’m in a restaurant and the waiter drops my food on the way, does the restaurant tell me “sorry we can only refund part of your food that you never got”? That’s not how it works. Also, after i was told by you that you had filed claims with fedex, I called fedex and they told me that the claims had never been filed.

2nd, I received no reply’s from you from august 1st all the way to December 3rd. Must have a pretty long range fuel tank to go 4 months with no service.

3rd, I had a call with you in mid august where you told me you were sorry for the wait and that you were on a drive back and would be home 12 hours from then, and that you HAD a replacement ac compressor ordered and that should be at your home by the time you got back, and that you would send me the fedex claim number when you got back. I was understanding, but then I got no calls texts or emails.

I then texted you on September 14th telling you to let me know what the claim number was so I could check with fedex, and that I NEEDED a compressor by the 25th of that month. you READ the text but did not reply. I gave you til September 28th til I texted you again asking for a full refund of everything.

lastly, I was "screwed over", I had many commitments that I had to either cancel or find other transportation because it was the middle of summer in California and the temperatures were 100+ and AC was a necessity.
As for FedEx, I did submit, and then resubmit the request on several occasions before it appeared to even go through, even after I got confirmation emails it was received each time. When I'd login to check... nothing. Then I'd do it all again.

As for your restaurant analogy, that's a delivery issue, and since the restaurant is also acting as deliverer, then they are liable, but nice try.

There's never a requirement to buy insurance, it's optional. When insurance is not purchased then the risk is assumed by the person making the order whether you realise it or not. Check any shipping company and you will see this is the reality.

Your dates are a bit mixed up, I was heading home (trip 1) in September.

I did order compressors, and I have 2 of them here... they took ages to get here. But whatever, it's old news now.

In any case, I initially went way out of my way spending a lot of time trying to find you the correct compressor that was for R134a that you needed it to be for, and then confirmed that with you, and then had to bring it in from a high cost supplier.

No mention of the efforts in trying to source a part from you that you had trouble getting in the first place.

So, yeah, good one Max. Still trying to blame me for a FedEx problem.

And, no, I simply can't afford to toss you a freebie - there are very few small businesses that can afford to take any kind of a hit, let alone be out the cost of an item + shipping x 2. This takes an astronomically long time to sort out in the wash, especially with the slim margins that many items in this industry offer. What you're saying, is that for the hope or maybe making $50 or $60 on an item that I should somehow be liable for some $1700 of potential losses. Uh, huh... yeah, that's smart business right there.

~John

id also like to point out, this isn't a new thread. this post was made about 2 months before you offered me the refund of 500 cad.
Go and re-read the email that I sent you before I re-quote it here and make you eat your words.

And, no matter when you made the post here (I don't typically hang out on 'Mud, I have better things to do with my time), it is still a problem with FedEx that you're complaining about.

A problem with FedEx that I spent considerable time sorting out for you. At no cost to you. That I'm still, apparently, dealing with.

And, that you're very unlikely to even say "Thanks, I appreciate the effort".

~John

John, a few things

I then texted you on September 14th telling you to let me know what the claim number was so I could check with fedex, and that I NEEDED a compressor by the 25th of that month. you READ the text but did to reply. I gave you til September 28th til I texted you again asking for a full refund of everything.

As for FedEx, I did submit, and then resubmit the request on several occasions before it appeared to even go through, even after I got confirmation emails it was received each time. When I'd login to check... nothing. Then I'd do it all again.

As for your restaurant analogy, that's a delivery issue, and since the restaurant is also acting as deliverer, then they are liable, but nice try.

There's never a requirement to buy insurance, it's optional. When insurance is not purchased then the risk is assumed by the person making the order whether you realise it or not. Check any shipping company and you will see this is the reality.

Your dates are a bit mixed up, I was heading home (trip 1) in September.

I did order compressors, and I have 2 of them here... they took ages to get here. But whatever, it's old news now.

In any case, I initially went way out of my way spending a lot of time trying to find you the correct compressor that was for R134a that you needed it to be for, and then confirmed that with you, and then had to bring it in from a high cost supplier.

No mention of the efforts in trying to source a part from you that you had trouble getting in the first place.

So, yeah, good one Max. Still trying to blame me for a FedEx problem.

And, no, I simply can't afford to toss you a freebie - there are very few small businesses that can afford to take any kind of a hit, let alone be out the cost of an item + shipping x 2. This takes an astronomically long time to sort out in the wash, especially with the slim margins that many items in this industry offer. What you're saying, is that for the hope or maybe making $50 or $60 on an item that I should somehow be liable for some $1700 of potential losses. Uh, huh... yeah, that's smart business right there.

~John
Go and re-read the email that I sent you before I re-quote it here and make you eat your words.

And, no matter when you made the post here (I don't typically hang out on 'Mud, I have better things to do with my time), it is still a problem with FedEx that you're complaining about.

A problem with FedEx that I spent considerable time sorting out for you. At no cost to you. That I'm still, apparently, dealing with.

And, that you're very unlikely to even say "Thanks, I appreciate the effort".

~John
If you want to comment on how polite I am to you (like that matters), I’d challenge you to find an email I sent without the words “thank you”. You can even read in my original post where I said your services were good up until fedex lost the package. You did put in the work to find the compressor which was great. However
I do appreciate the effort, the effort to ignore me for 4 months with 0 replies, but you won’t comment on that. And again, the dates were correct, our call was in august. either way, assuming you were on the way home from your trip and got home September 1st, AND had the replacement AC compressor…you still CHOSE to not reach out to me for another…3 months?

Also, there’s no inaccurate information. You said the ammount you could refund me was capped at 500 CAD. I payed about 850 Cad. Here are your exact words

2. Refund the amounts that were returned to me from FedEx less the processing fees for the banking charges and or PayPal refund/sending money charges. This would be at a slight loss to you since, unfortunately, the item refund amount is capped at $500 by FedEx.”

Quoting from the email I sent on December 3rd.

" Re: KZJ78 Land cruiser ac compressor

From: RADD Cruisers Online xxaddcruiserxxxx@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: KZJ78 Land cruiser ac compressor

Date: December 3, 2021 at 1:20 PM
To: max xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx1@xxxxxx

Max,

It’s taken a long time, and many emails/phone calls/documents going back and forth with FedEx, but I have now received a refund based on a maximum amount for a given situation.

The amount refunded for the item was C$500 (less the bank processing costs).

The shipping amount was refunded (less the bank processing costs). ....."

~John

Email addresses and other identifiers have been redacted to prevent a 'bot from scanning them and to not post personal information.

Radd will not answer my calls, emails, or messages. Two month old prepaid order for close to $2,000.
help?
beware
How did you make the $2,000 payment? PayPal? Credit Card?

Both.
I am following up that way.
thanks
John/Radd screwed me around too. I was able to get a partial refund through PayPal. He sucks.

Good luck.

Radd will not answer my calls, emails, or messages. Two month old prepaid order for close to $2,000.
help?
beware
You order was not pre-paid; It was pre-ordered but unpaid.

An earlier much smaller order was pre-paid with instructions to send all the parts at once to reduce shipping duplicated costs, with your second order, after you returned from being away for some time.

All sorted out now.

COVID got me in early June. Was over the first part if it in about 3 - 3.5 weeks, and then a sort-of post-infection chronic fatigue set in shortly after that which lasted for another month give or take into early August and has left me with some permanent deficits (eg: vision has been affected), which has made me make some changes to how I am living my life (again).

~John

Last edited:
You order was not pre-paid; It was pre-ordered but unpaid.

An earlier much smaller order was pre-paid with instructions to send all the parts at once to reduce shipping duplicated costs, with your second order, after you returned from being away for some time.

All sorted out now.

COVID got me in early June. Was over the first part if it in about 3 - 3.5 weeks, and then a sort-of post-infection chronic fatigue set in shortly after that which lasted for another month give or take into early August and has left me with some permanent deficits (eg: vision has been affected), which has made me make some changes to how I am living my life (again).

~John
Yes John. True.
However the lack of communications is unacceptable. I will consider ordering more as you have good knowledge and, apparently, parts.
There are other suppliers so I would suggest you improve communications. COVID is no longer a viable excuse.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom