RADD Cruiser site-FJ-45 winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey Rob, I was checking out your site and looked over the resto on a 78 FJ-45. Nice looking rig. I noticed that the winch looks like a PTO. Is it factory?

Now for everyone else out there, how different would this be from the units on the imported wagons?

-kevin

Technikev said:
hey Rob, I was checking out your site and looked over the resto on a 78 FJ-45. Nice looking rig. I noticed that the winch looks like a PTO. Is it factory?

Now for everyone else out there, how different would this be from the units on the imported wagons?

-kevin

The PTO unit itself is the same as the ones found on 40 series, slightly different than the 60/70 for the moutn but winch mechanism is the same.

Now the PTO drive is different than the ones on JDM 70 series. The older 40/45 series PTO had forward and reverse built into the PTO, the newer ones only have one direction and you use the tranny to accomplish forward and reverse. Also the older 40/45 series PTO's had front and rear flanges the newer ones have front, and you can add a rear flange if needed.

Cheers,

Michael

Clear explanation Michael .. of course my best option is older 40/45 series PTO but take note the diferente Power take on transfer, if you use split case or older t-single case.

Technikev said:

-kevin

Thinking it came off a 7 series, Greg from G&S would know.

Thanks for the kind words on the rig.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom