Radar cruise control question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Canadian spec 2008 LX570 and it has the radar cruise system. We've had a few vehicles in the past that had similar systems; but not the same as this.

The cruise control only works in 5km increments. IE I can initially set it at any speed, however when I go to accelerate/decelerate using the hand controls it only goes in 5km segments. This is super annoying, I've never seen another system like this even from Toyota - and I've owned many of them... Thoughts on this? Is there a way to change it?

Does the same in the 13-15 model years too. No option to change that I’ve seen.

Yes, agree. Super annoying!

I’ve looked for ways to solve this, but I’ve not found anything in the menus or in Carista. Maybe techstream has a way, but someone else with access to that could post up.

On the bright side, KM are about a third of mph relative to their increments - so the resolution you have is much better than MPH fwiw.

No way to change that I know of, other than disabling the radar cruise and reverting to dumb cruise. Then it will allow 1km/mph increments.

After turning cruise on, push the stalk forward for a few seconds to disable radar. I now do this automatically.

No way to change that I know of, other than disabling the radar cruise and reverting to dumb cruise. Then it will allow 1km/mph increments.

After turning cruise on, push the stalk forward for a few seconds to disable radar. I now do this automatically.
Does that disable work on newer lc? The radar gets a fine layer of slush on it and disables my cruise control quite often in the winter.

Edit: just tried it, does not seem to work.

Does that disable work on newer lc? The radar gets a fine layer of slush on it and disables my cruise control quite often in the winter.

Edit: just tried it, does not seem to work.
on the 2016+ , hold the button that enables cruise for a few seconds. that will enable dumb cruise control.

on the 2016+ , hold the button that enables cruise for a few seconds. that will enable dumb cruise control.
That worked thank you! I've read my manual cover to cover, not sure if I missed that. I was specifically looking for it.

Thanks for that info - yes this seems to disable it... I just tried it.... As I live in Canada, it's made the increments in 2km/hr segments (not 1 like most of my other vehicles) - so still better than the 5. The other frustrating thing is the force by which the system accelerates. Is there a way to allow a more gradual acceleration while using Radar Cruise? In our other vehicles with similar systems the acceleration curve was far more muted and much nicer - our Lexus is brute (almost full throttle) acceleration which is a bit un-nerving and also seems unnecessary - even excess fuel consumption etc.

I don’t know if any ability to modify cruise throttle profile.. would be nice.

Guess she just has too much power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom