RAD collecting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So getting ready for the big overhaul. dropping the 4.3 in the 70 40. Now my rad is leakin a bit but it is has been around for a while and I am thinkin that it would be good to change that as well. What would anyone suggest as a replacement? New or used? What is the minimum size and maximum size I can go with? I think mine is a 4 core is it worth rebuilding? I would like it if there was little to no fab needed to get it in but cost is important. I am kinda running low on funds but I don't want to get it all together and have problems(like I'm gonna have any problems)with the cooling. I don't think the 4.3 can take as much neglect as my 2f can(dang I am bad to that thing).

Eternal- great vehicles are built, not bought.

Part of the trade off with the 4.3L/5.7L swaps for the Toyota stuff is the reliability issues with the GM motors. In exchange you get lighter weight, more power, cheap and available parts, and the ability to have a spare motor sitting in the garage for next to nothing.
You can recore your 4 row and have fine cooling in a 4.3.

I had my radiator recored to 5 about 5-6 years ago, had cooled 3 different V8's with no problems. IIRC, it was around $200 to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom