Racor fuel/water separator maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Further to my post on fuel treatment, I have a question regarding aftermarket filter maintenance. The PO appears to have installed a Racor 200FF/ Element 2000SM fuel filter/water separator. I have no idea what I am supposed to do in terms of maintenance with this. Further, the unit lists an element component on the label, and I am assuming that it refers to a heating element on the filter unit. I cannot seem to trace any elec wires to the unit, only the inlet line from the tank and the outlet to the priming pump. As the picture shows there appears to be some crud in the bottom of the glass bowl.

142_4211.JPG

If anyone has some product info on this filter or experience with it I would greatly appreciate it. Truck seems to be running fairly well, a bit smoky, but then again the only comparison I have is to a 64 VW split window...the complete opposite of my 79BJ40.

The other image is of an item located behind the dash on the pass side.
138_3886.JPG

I am curious as to what it is.

Childs
1979 BJ 40 ~ a rolling work in progress
138_3886.JPG
142_4211.JPG

Not sure if this helps but I have a similar Racor filter on my F350 and the bowl comes off easily by removing a few screws and then I wash the bowl. I run grease and the filter bowl gets really gross but comes clean very easily.
Hope this helps. Good luck. :)
Stasia

The element they are refering to is the filter element.
That's the way mine is labeled, and the number is the part number for the filter it takes.
If it's like mine the top screws off for filter access.
The SM suffix means it's a two micron element.
You can put a 10 micron or 30 micron filter in it.
Filters are cheap at about $6

filter part#'s

I-2000PM-OR (30 micron)
I-2000SM-OR (2 micron)
I-2000TM-OR (10 micron)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom