Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys with the 100 racks, how much higher is this rack compared to stock? Just trying to see if I will still fit in my garage or not. Thanks!

@reevesci is also working on some low-profile mounts.

@reevesci is also working on some low-profile mounts.

^that^ makes sense. The current mounts seem unnecessarily tall.

Am I reading this pic right - is the rack pictured in the lowest position?
sam_0614-jpg.1220307

it's tall enough to get my hand underneath the rack to wash the roof, but it's maybe 2" taller than the stock rack.

^that^ makes sense. The current mounts seem unnecessarily tall.

Am I reading this pic right - is the rack pictured in the lowest position?
sam_0614-jpg.1220307

it's tall enough to get my hand underneath the rack to wash the roof, but it's maybe 2" taller than the stock rack.

Also the rack can be flipped over to lower it approx. 1" which would leave approx. 7/8" clearance between the high crown on the roof to the bottom of the rack.

I also use these mounts for 4 other applications. Hence the large adjustment.

J

Problem solved!!! Thanks for the help everyone, and especially @reevesci. Supporting Vendor who stands behind his product. Very happy with this setup (and just a small mod)

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

They're grade 8 washers ;)
They're only on the top of the front u-bolt. I had to delete the lock washer off the top u-bolt on the middle bracket as there wasn't quite enough length on the bolt to get it on. Not concerned about it since it still has the fender washer and 5 of 6 lock washers are in place.

1/4" thick
DSC02336.jpg

It's really weird...the pinch weld curves out a little at the front which contributed to my clearance issues. Is it like this on all 100 series or is this some strange anomaly on mine?
DSC02337.jpg

They're grade 8 washers ;)
They're only on the top of the front u-bolt. I had to delete the lock washer off the top u-bolt on the middle bracket as there wasn't quite enough length on the bolt to get it on. Not concerned about it since it still has the fender washer and 5 of 6 lock washers are in place.

1/4" thickView attachment 1252602

It's really weird...the pinch weld curves out a little at the front which contributed to my clearance issues. Is it like this on all 100 series or is this some strange anomaly on mine?View attachment 1252603

I'll make you a couple bolt through 1/4" shims and send the to you. You'll be happier with them.

J

was lucky enough to pick up one the racks locally from a member and am very happy with the product. I was wondering if any of the guys who have the rack have made any kind of fairing as at about 50-60 mph it howls quite a bit once the wind starts moving through it?

pic for your time :)

IMG_3167_zpswg6qxnvl.jpg

image.jpeg

Tap Plastics 3/16" thick black ABS sheet cut to 52" x 5" with 1/2" radius corners - $16 ($28 with shipping.) I already had a Yakima fairing that I used the mounting hardware from, but you can buy it separately for $30:
https://www.amazon.com/Yakima-Fairing-Hardware-Bag/dp/B0025URYKC#

The Yakima bars are thicker than the tube Jason uses, so I cut some sleeves from 1" abs tubing to compensate.

It rattled a bit at first, but after a few weeks in the sun and some tweaking, it works perfect now.

What is the price on these j?
And what is the benefit above stock?

Mine are 1.75' x .250" wall DOM with an adjustable Johnny Joint on one end and fixed poly bushing on the other.

Stock units allow for NO adjustment and are a much thinner material. IIRC the stock arms are ~1.388" x .120" material. When lifting your rig the axle orientation rolls and these along with adjustable uppers allow you to get the axle orientation back to a stock location and get the pinion angle back to a proper angle as well.

I will offer a couple of upper arms.

1)--Standard arms will allow for on vehicle adjustment but the flex/articulation will be more of a stock similarity 1.25" DOM

2)--Ulti-Arms will have full on vehicle adjustment with a Johnny Joint for extra articulation 1.25" DOM (which we all know the 100 rears need)

Both upper and lowers will allow for approx. 1.5" -2" of total adjustment from the stock length.

Rear Lower Control Arms

Rear Upper Control Arms

Jason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom