Ra of the deck surface for a factory new 1FZ-FE short block? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why?

Are you contemplating using a metal head gasket? (Cometic)

Si. And a new head. Read with interest your recent experience following a new radiator install. My rad replacement 2 weeks prior to drive from North Texas to North Rim was without incident till got to Chama N.M. You can guess. Perhaps not related maybe it was just time. But it was bad timing.

There’s a video on YouTube where OTRAMM is putting on a cometic gasket. It shows him using and he talks about the RA but doesn’t give numbers. I’m sure he’ll know. I ‘m sure he’s on the forum. Sorry I don’t know.

Si. And a new head. Read with interest your recent experience following a new radiator install. My rad replacement 2 weeks prior to drive from North Texas to North Rim was without incident till got to Chama N.M. You can guess. Perhaps not related maybe it was just time. But it was bad timing.

where are you sourcing a new head?

It is running as of Friday with new Toyota short block and head. New engine is eerily quiet ( no valve train noise as with original engine ) even with the S/C.
I'll probably put originals in classifieds.

If the block is milled, you're not getting much better than 64RMS. 16-32 is a ground finish. Considering the fact that the block isn't hard, anything better than 64 is wasted money; the surface won't stay (measurably) flat after you bolt the head on. There's a gasket there anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom