Builds R²M 2013 GX 460 Overland Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

60% and then had to push the button again.

Is this normal for the moonroof?
Mine does this. Why doesn’t it open all the way? Baffles me. No other vehicle of mine with a sunroof did this.

Reactions: r2m
Mine does this. Why doesn’t it open all the way? Baffles me. No other vehicle of mine with a sunroof did this.
Ah-haa! So I'm not the only one? I'm beginning to think this may be SOP. Makes me feel better.
Let's see who else chimes in.

Ah-haa! So I'm not the only one? I'm beginning to think this may be SOP. Makes me feel better.
Let's see who else chimes in.
Also, why is it so windy with the sunshade open? I wish Toyota would of designed some sort of low profile fairing to compensate.

Also, why is it so windy with the sunshade open? I wish Toyota would of designed some sort of low profile fairing to compensate.

I'm actually glad it has some sound deadening effect. :)

I have another vehicle where it doesn't seem to have any noticeable affect on the wind noise open or closed.

An option if you don't have a roof rack

I'm actually glad it has some sound deadening effect. :)

I have another vehicle where it doesn't seem to have any noticeable affect on the wind noise open or closed.

An option if you don't have a roof rack

My '97 Accord had a deflector like those and it made a huge difference in wind noise. It also made it a pain to clean between it and the moon roof. My '05 Forester had an integrated deflector that would pop up when opened. Not as much noise reduction, but a better overall implementation. It also had a partially open setting that I used most often. It was quieter than fully open.

And there ya go!

A40410BB-D419-45F6-A926-C1C56A1FCF01.png

Thank you all!! 👍
This is a relief that I'm not having the same issues that we had on one of our 100 series Hundy's with the drivers window not going up all the way with auto up.

Starting on page 4, post #70, I have instructions on a wind screen for my Gamiviti full length rack, but it would probably also work for many/any of the other roof racks out there with minor modifications. The important and difficult part is the roof contour which I can provide, most anyone can figure out a means for attachment.
Unfortunately we are not able to upload PDF's in MUD so if you're interested in a PDF of the wind screen, you can PM me and I'll send one along.

On that note, I think I'll PM Woody and see if that's something that he can add to these forums.

Just sent a request about being able to upload PDF's to MUD.
We'll see how it's received. Hopefully they'll see the plus's and I'm not missing any negatives.

Just edited Post #71 on Page 4 and added the PDF's of the fairing.
The Full_Scale_fairing_ Print at 11x17, 3 pages.PDF file needs to be printed at 100% on 11"x17", then just splice the three sheets together on the cut lines.
Trace it onto a large sheet of cardboard/posterboard and there's your template! Make your mounting holes as necessary.

Question regarding the square chrome tie-downs in the back of our rigs
Just how strong are they? Are there any numbers as to how many pounds they can hold down? Has anyone ever broken one?
I'm asking because if I put a platform in the back to use as a tie-down platform for my fridge, Pelican cases and all my other gear, I'd like to know if when bouncing on washboard roads, or big bounces off rocks it those factory tie-downs will either brake or pull through the floor.

I have my drawer set-up bolted into those 4 locations and they are just as tight as the day I put them in. I keep my fridge mounted on one side when I go off-road (soon to be all the time when I finally get my solar set-up installed) and other gear on the other side. Plus, I have a ton of recovery gear and tools in the drawers. I haven't seen any numbers for what they will hold but it seems to me that short of a roll-over, those mount locations are pretty damn sturdy. I removed the stock tie downs and bolted my set-up straight to the mount points. And I still have my 3rd row seats in (likely gonna remove those to give me more access to the fridge).

Last edited:
Question regarding the square chrome tie-downs in the back of our rigs
Just how strong are they? Are there any numbers as to how many pounds they can hold down? Has anyone ever broken one?
I'm asking because if I put a platform in the back to use as a tie-down platform for my fridge, Pelican cases and all my other gear, I'd like to know if when bouncing on washboard roads, or big bounces off rocks it those factory tie-downs will either brake or pull through the floor.
I have/had my sleeping platform mounted to these with turnbuckles. I can tell you from feeling, that they are not extremely strong. I have not unbolted the flooring or seats to see how they are mounted to the vehicle, but from turning the turnbuckles, by hand, fairly tight, I can see/feel them giving. They do not feel weak per se, but they are surely not load-bearing recovery points either.

I would trust them to keep gear in place on washboards/curves/wheeling, but would probably not trust them to keep heavy objects in place during a rollover or wreck. They held my platform down during minor wheeling with no issue.

I can't say I have ever seen a spec on those... lots of speculation on the 4R forums as well on how strong they are in that vehicle..... from no worries to only able to hold groceries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom