Builds R²M 2013 GX 460 Overland Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve had that randomly happen over the years in really wet weather or after a carwash.. it has always gone away in short order so never considered parking sensor replacement.
Not really considering replacing the sensors... yet...
But as I mentioned above, I may just glob some silicone behind and see if that does anything.

Never had the issue but we are in the 4th year of a drought

Anyone else have issues with the parking sensors beeping on wet rainy days?
Seem to have this issue only with the front sensors when it rains and the front end, bumper, winch, all the sensors, gets thoroughly soaked. Every time I come to a stop or slow to less than 5 MPH, they start beeping when wet.
Then when it drys up, it's all fine and works as it should, but when it's wet, I need to turn off the sensors.
I like using the sensors because of how far the front bumper and swing-out is. It helps quite a bit especially when parallel parking and scoohing up to that car behind me.

Wonder if I but some globs of silicone on the back side if it'll help??
Yep. Have the same issue.

I have an Ironman front bumper and thought it was from relocating the OEM sensors from the original bumper.

End up just turning off the parking sensors for a day or two after a heavy rain or car wash.

Yep. Have the same issue.

I have an Ironman front bumper and thought it was from relocating the OEM sensors from the original bumper.

End up just turning off the parking sensors for a day or two after a heavy rain or car wash.
Yep, that's what I do also, just turn them off in the wet and rely on my rear camera when backing in.
Day after it dry's out, turn them back on. A little of an inconvenience, but easy work around. Considering I live in So. Cal. Usually, except the past 2 years, we don't get a lot of rain, so it's less of a hassle down here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom