R1Concepts Rotors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with R1Concepts rotors? I'm preparing to replace the rotors and pads on my '99 LX470 and wondered if these would be a cost-effective yet suitable replacement rotor. Thank you.

Don't see the landcruiser in the prouducts catergories listing....

Don't see the landcruiser in the prouducts catergories listing....

I initially found them on eBay when searching for "LX470 AND rotor". I then found their real website - referenced in my original post. I looked them up at the Better Business Bureau and they have a good rating, so at least their business practices aren't terrible. Now, if I could just find someone who has used their products...

I agree discount and performance are generally not discussed in the same sentence. I'm personally not looking for performance, just for a rotor that does a good job for a reasonable price. Much to the chagrin of most, my LX is tasked primarily with taking kids to school and getting groceries and, not surprisingly, trips to the gas station. The bottom line for me is whether this rotor is a suitable alternative to OE replacement rotors in terms of performance, longevity, and safety.

Brembo rotors are reputable and are available for $63/ea front and $58/ea rear from tire rack.

Brembo rotors are reputable and are available for $63/ea front and $58/ea rear from tire rack.

Good to know. That's about 50% less than OEM from the dealer and Brembo is a name that I trust. Thanks for the suggestion.

ive had the brembo rotors before, plain jane oem replacement ones. They were good

Ok, going to dig up a 12 year old thread. ;) The hundo has a low speed brake groan when coming to a stop and I can't find the problem via visual inspection, cleaning etc. Going to replace all 4 rotors and pads. I can get all 4 corners for roughly 450 from my local Mr T. dealer. That being said I saw someone on GXOR posted that Performance Brake Parts, Rotors, Pads, Kits: Custom & Aftermarket, is having a black Friday sale with 30% off. So you can do all 4 rotors (slotted) and premium pads for $258 after the discount.
has anyone had an more recent experience with their products? I tend to lean OEM but this seems like a pretty good deal. 155k on the clock, BTW.

Good to know. That's about 50% less than OEM from the dealer and Brembo is a name that I trust. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've had Brembo rotors on my truck (with OEM pads) for nearly four years with no problems. Up and down the Rockies and Cascades every year since I've put them on. I'd buy them again. FYI, I got them from Tirerack.

If you're gonna get rotors, ensure you can separate the current rotor from the hub without issue first. Otherwise, you'll end up buying hubs as well

I only mentioned it because I saw what was left of 5 rusty bolts connecting my front rotor to the hub. No way that junk is salvageable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom