R/T: pulling steering wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, took the 3 screws off the horn cover, took the main nut off the steering column, but i still cant seem to pull the steering wheel off.

i got pretty agressive with it pulling on it, wiggling it around.. still no dice. wont budge.

any tips? did i miss anything?

thx

There are such tools as steering wheel pullers. Usually a two bolt or three bolt puller similar to harmonic balancer puller, but lighter duty.

I've always just pulled them off. Try gripping the wheel at 9:00 and 3:00, and pull alternately. You're sort of wiggling it back and forth while pulling hard. Some take a fair amount of force, be careful that when it does pop free that you don't cause yourself a trip to the dentist. I've come close a couple of times......

I too, dealt with this a coupla weeks ago. Alternately pulling at left, right, top and bottom wiggly style got it loose. You WILL want to keep the nut dialed in a couple threads, that way the wheel won't hit you in the face when it does come loose... GL

You WILL want to keep the nut dialed in a couple threads, that way the wheel won't hit you in the face when it does come loose... GL

I strongly agree with that ..

thanks fellas i'll give it another shot today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom