R/T: pulling steering wheel

hey guys, took the 3 screws off the horn cover, took the main nut off the steering column, but i still cant seem to pull the steering wheel off.

i got pretty agressive with it pulling on it, wiggling it around.. still no dice. wont budge.

any tips? did i miss anything?

thx

ntsqd

technerd
There are such tools as steering wheel pullers. Usually a two bolt or three bolt puller similar to harmonic balancer puller, but lighter duty.

I've always just pulled them off. Try gripping the wheel at 9:00 and 3:00, and pull alternately. You're sort of wiggling it back and forth while pulling hard. Some take a fair amount of force, be careful that when it does pop free that you don't cause yourself a trip to the dentist. I've come close a couple of times......

micruz60

Unleaded Regular
I too, dealt with this a coupla weeks ago. Alternately pulling at left, right, top and bottom wiggly style got it loose. You WILL want to keep the nut dialed in a couple threads, that way the wheel won't hit you in the face when it does come loose... GL

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Website
www.4x4panama.com
You WILL want to keep the nut dialed in a couple threads, that way the wheel won't hit you in the face when it does come loose... GL

I strongly agree with that ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom