1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R&P 5.29

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Tapage, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

Hi all .. cheers from Panamá .. :D

I'm not sure about the right place to put this post ( IH8MUD is soooo big ).

Well my questions ... as in the title .. I'm Interes in know about resistance in 5.29 Gears . the pinios is very smalll .. !

And other thing, with my ARB ( in front no problem ) in rear axle, with semi floating axle how I can put the cross pin ( suppose the ring is more thickness than ring in 4.56 that I have )

it's all .. thanx folks .. 8)

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    I have heard of people using the Land Cruiser 5.29 gear set in a semi-float application, I do not think that it is something that I would do, I am just not comfortable with the amount of material that needs to be removed in order to get the cross shaft installed. I have installed many 4.88 gear sets, and ground the tooth down to get the cross shaft in and out, but do not like the idea on the 5.29, because of the smaller tooth..but that is just me...if it were my ride, I would find a full float rear axle, and go that route..

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Tapage

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=12553;start=msg115248#msg115248 date=1078446253]
    I have heard of people using the Land Cruiser 5.29 gear set in a semi-float application, I do not think that it is something that I would do, I am just not comfortable with the amount of material that needs to be removed in order to get the cross shaft installed. I have installed many 4.88 gear sets, and ground the tooth down to get the cross shaft in and out, but do not like the idea on the 5.29, because of the smaller tooth..but that is just me...if it were my ride, I would find a full float rear axle, and go that route..

Good luck!

-Steve
    [/quote]

I mean thta all anwers are Full Floating Axle ... but not only for the cross pin .. also the resistance of 5.29 pinion .. are very small .. !

4. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes,

The tooth size is smaller. resistance...you are talking about strenght, resistance to failure? I do not think that you would have a problem with the gear set, provided they are set up properly from the start.

Good luck!

-Steve

5. Tapage

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=12553;start=msg115794#msg115794 date=1078515156]
    Yes,

The tooth size is smaller. resistance...you are talking about strenght, resistance to failure? I do not think that you would have a problem with the gear set, provided they are set up properly from the start.

Good luck!

-Steve
    [/quote]

yeap .. resistance to failure .. !

when you thing in 5.29 maybe is to install 37" or 38" tires .. or more .. ! ( in my case no more with 2H engine .. ;))

6. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    5.29's would work great with 37 or 38 inch tires...

Good luck!

-Steve

7. Tapage

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=12553;start=msg115834#msg115834 date=1078517820]
    5.29's would work great with 37 or 38 inch tires...

Good luck!

-Steve
    [/quote]

Thanx Steve .. ! 5.29 is my way .. !