R light on cluster coming on while braking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm on a little trip and the R light on the cluster came on while driving. I pulled off the express way and all of a sudden I couldn't get it to shift out if first gear and the check engine light came on. I limped it 4 miles to a gas station where it eventually shifted to second gear halfway there. After checking fluids I found a parts store a few miles away to get the codes read. After leaving the gas station I've done about 100 miles and have had no shifting issues, but I still have the R light come on while braking along with the back up lights coming on. I did get a P1780 neutral safety switch code that came up. Any thoughts on if the problem is a bad ground somewhere, broken wire, the neutral safety, or possibly even some kind of abs problem?

Smells like a loose ground problem to me. You’ll need the EWD to locate all the points. The one I know of for sure that’ll screw up a transmission is EC, on the back of the block, passenger side. You have to reach down behind to find it.

I'm on a little trip and the R light on the cluster came on while driving. I pulled off the express way and all of a sudden I couldn't get it to shift out if first gear and the check engine light came on. I limped it 4 miles to a gas station where it eventually shifted to second gear halfway there. After checking fluids I found a parts store a few miles away to get the codes read. After leaving the gas station I've done about 100 miles and have had no shifting issues, but I still have the R light come on while braking along with the back up lights coming on. I did get a P1780 neutral safety switch code that came up. Any thoughts on if the problem is a bad ground somewhere, broken wire, the neutral safety, or possibly even some kind of abs problem?
We’re you able to get this issue fixed if so what was the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom