Ququq Kombi Box camping box install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There were a couple non-negotiables from my wife in order build out my LX as a tourer versus buying a dedicated camper, paramount on her list was having a solid sleeping surface with a legitimate mattress. I looked into building a platform over an arb drawer system or similar, but managing that while having a fridge slide and other requirements just wasn't answering the mail.

So being in Germany, I have access to a lot of products that take a different approach to the conventional. I spent a lot of time trying to come up with something that worked and eventually stumbled on these camping boxes built by Ququq that incorporate a fold out sleeping platform built on top of a camping box/kitchen. They make them for a few different vehicles including the Prado, but that model wasn't tall enough to have a fridge so I went to a overland expo here in Germany, measured everything out, and found that their next largest box would work. This version is the Kombi Box v2 and it fits "nearly" perfectly.

Without taking the carpeting, the seat mounts, and the rear air conditioning tunnel out of the floor of the cargo area, the box takes a bit of massaging to get the sleep platform to fold out, but it works, and you can open and close the bed platform without moving the box in and out of the bed. It's not permanently mounted in the vehicle so it can be taken in and out easily as required. The bed has a 10cm tall mattress and is extremely comfortable, wife approved!

Let me know if you have any questions.

20211111_154005.jpg
20211111_153954.jpg
20211111_153820.jpg
20211111_153804.jpg
20211111_174022.jpg

Woow, I am looking for something similar. Can you post photos with open rear door and open bed? What kind of bed platform is that? I would like to see more detailed photo of set

Great setup, looks sturdy but comfy, and nice that it can be removed when you don't need it. Nice option for people that mostly camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom