Quora Forum asks: "When do I change the timing belt/chain on 1976 Land Cruiser?" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A member of this worldwide forum (Quora) poses the above question stating that a dashboard warning light is illuminated, "Service Timing Belt". What land Cruisers, built in 1976, had belt driven cams and what vehicle has a maintenance light for a timing belt or chain, particularly in 1976? Is this a bogus question or were there various engines used internationally that legitimizes this question? I answered the question saying the 2F engine cam was gear driven.

A member of this worldwide forum (Quora) poses the above question stating that a dashboard warning light is illuminated, "Service Timing Belt". What land Cruisers, built in 1976, had belt driven cams and what vehicle has a maintenance light for a timing belt or chain, particularly in 1976? Is this a bogus question or were there various engines used internationally that legitimizes this question? I answered the question saying the 2F engine cam was gear driven.

123BCB5F-7C0E-4DB1-80A8-B70F89A60772.jpeg

No LandCruiser diesel engine used a timing belt until the 1985 LJ70 Bundeera, HD LC models didn't get belt driven cams until 1990 with the introduction of the 1HZ and 1HD-T in the 70 and 80 Series. Gas engines didn't get a timing belt until the 2UZ-FE in the 100 Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom