Quick tranny drain/fill question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to do the drain and fill on the tranny today. Anyone have any reason why I should or should not do it with a warm tranny?

Hayes

mine was warm when my mechanic did it.he said make sure you use the toyota red gasket maker.the previous history on service was unknown so i was very happy to see how good it looked in the pan.

If it is winter and you have a real cold climate, the fluid will not flow that well, stuff will stay in the bottom of the pan and not move as well. That is the only negatives I can see. You may want to take a before and after look at the dip stick to make sure you fill about the same. then check later when the truck is full warmed up to make sure you have not overfilled. later robbie

it is always best to drain fluids hot, they carry the most funk out with them when drained just after shut down.

If doing the drain without dropping the pan it will drain 4 quarts. Refill with 4 quarts and it will be just about exact. Just did it last week.

Nevermind, just noticed you have a different transmission.

Do it warm. It will drain a bit quicker. If you are not pulling the pan for a filter change and wiping the gunk of the bottom of the pan, it shouldn't take more than 4.5 to 5 qts....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom