Quick suspension question! Are these the right parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Looking at piecing a package together off of what I have read with the search function.

Seems pro comp Springs with Bilstein 5100 series shocks is a good combo.

Looking for a 2 1/2 inch lift. Is this the right Springs and shocks to accomplish that?

31015D3F-8D9D-4554-815C-8FFD1917A01F.png

69E207DF-CA52-4C3F-AA5A-72C70F4D70FF.png

0857ACBD-8F7A-4159-A485-33D08C2AFE8A.png

The shocks may be wrong. I would assume they are meant for the stock suspention. You may want to call bilstein and see what they recommend for the lift.

The shocks may be wrong. I would assume they are meant for the stock suspention. You may want to call bilstein and see what they recommend for the lift.

called. Due to Corona there is no one to speak to...

Anyone have the part number for the right Bilsteins to go with the 2.5 inch pro comp Springs?

Disregard my post in that other shock thread. I'm just scrolling down to see your post.

Sorry.

If I were you. I would get my spring installed first, then take eye to eye measurements for your shocks. There are a lot of lifted trucks that can not flex well because their shocks are to short. I would buy a shock that would allow 1/3 of the total travel for "up" travel. That leaves 2/3rds of your total travel length for droop. Keep in mind that your springs are going to settle in a little lower. Shocks that are to short will be your limiting factor for flex

If I were you. I would get my spring installed first, then take eye to eye measurements for your shocks. There are a lot of lifted trucks that can not flex well because their shocks are to short. I would buy a shock that would allow 1/3 of the total travel for "up" travel. That leaves 2/3rds of your total travel length for droop. Keep in mind that your springs are going to settle in a little lower. Shocks that are to short will be your limiting factor for flex

i’m hoping what you are saying will make more sense once I have the Springs. I went ahead and ordered the 2.5 inch lift pro comp Springs and the 0-2” inch bilstein shocks.

when you say measure eye to eye are you referring to the Springs installed (red arrow) or where the shock eye to eye (blue arrow)?

746DA28B-DBBE-4B31-B732-444DF602F657.jpeg

561C44CC-E827-40FA-972A-40C92728439B.jpeg

The springs at ride height will be roughly eye to eye.

If you measure the total length of spring, that is how much travel you have when compressed.

The shocks should have enough travel to compress more than the total length of the spring, in case you push them enough to invert, and they should have enough to elongate when you lengthen the springs, i.e you lift a tire.

An improper length of shocks will result in a bad ride, and you can damage them by bottoming them out or overstretching them.

The springs at ride height will be roughly eye to eye.

If you measure the total length of spring, that is how much travel you have when compressed.

The shocks should have enough travel to compress more than the total length of the spring, in case you push them enough to invert, and they should have enough to elongate when you lengthen the springs, i.e you lift a tire.

An improper length of shocks will result in a bad ride, and you can damage them by bottoming them out or overstretching them.

something like this?

Or this?

something like this?

Or this?

Those look good. They probably explain it better than I could.
Just make sure they are for leaf springs. I'm sure independent suspensions/coils will be measured differently.

It will make a difference on what lower shock mount you have or are planning to use also. Stock above spring mount or stock below? Ubolt flip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom