quick question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have noticed that the smallest wheel everyone is using is 16". i was wondeirng would a 15" wheel fit an a LC(HDJ81)? i was planning to take off my wheel from my 4runner before i sell it. i didnt want to leave my wheels and tires on the 4runner since they are only 2 months old so its practically almost brand new.

15" wheels will not fit US Spec FZJ80's...

You might have get an answer in the International section.

CYRUS said:
i have noticed that the smallest wheel everyone is using is 16". i was wondeirng would a 15" wheel fit an a LC(HDJ81)? i was planning to take off my wheel from my 4runner before i sell it. i didnt want to leave my wheels and tires on the 4runner since they are only 2 months old so its practically almost brand new.

15" rims will fit (with certain backspacing) on NON Full Floating Drum Brake equipped rear ends only. The 15" rims will NOT fit on the Full Floaters with the disc brakes!

I ran into this when i was going to install an FF/DISC 80 rear in my 60

Boston Mangler said:
15" rims will fit (with certain backspacing) on NON Full Floating Drum Brake equipped rear ends only. The 15" rims will NOT fit on the Full Floaters with the disc brakes!

I ran into this when i was going to install an FF/DISC 80 rear in my 60

so what does a 1990 HDJ81 VX have? sorry dont really know much about the HDJ81.

CYRUS said:
Couldn't you just look at the wheel?

CYRUS said:

Honestly got no clue!

With the 15" wheels though, you have to be careful on the backspacing with the front calipers as well.

Why the must for 15's and not 16's? Granted 15" tires are MUCH cheaper and more plentiful!

PERSONALLY, i would keep the wheels and tires on the 4runner and just go with 16's on the 80. That way if you ever do a disk brake of FF swap, you will be ok.

Or just say F it, cut your OME's in 1/2 and go with 28's like i did:

bling.jpg

:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
Couldn't you just look at the wheel?

the truck isnt here yet. its still being loaded on a container in japan

Boston Mangler said:
Honestly got no clue!

With the 15" wheels though, you have to be careful on the backspacing with the front calipers as well.

Why the must for 15's and not 16's? Granted 15" tires are MUCH cheaper and more plentiful!

PERSONALLY, i would keep the wheels and tires on the 4runner and just go with 16's on the 80. That way if you ever do a disk brake of FF swap, you will be ok.

Or just say F it, cut your OME's in 1/2 and go with 28's like i did:

bling.jpg

:flipoff2:

lol. thats a good one... i dont mind changing it to 16" its just that my wife bought this wheel for me to show support on my hobby and i think thats the last thing she'll be buying for me. i guess you can say sentimental value lol

15s will fit with some grinding on the calipers.

AFAIK All early (I'm assuming that you're buying a 1990) JDM HDJ81 have 15" wheels as stock. 16" split wheels are usually an aftermarket option. You shouldn't have a problem with the 15" wheels.

The USD equivilent is a 1990-1991 FJ80 and it came with 15" wheels. You'll notice that most JDM HDJ81's have 4 Runner wheels. The rest are aftermarket or optional.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom