Quick question limited slip from a 98 lexus work in a 97

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says will this work, is this worth it. I have no experience with lsd. whats the going rate for a used one. Thanks in advance

Good to know I have been searching the site since i posted, there is diff for sale on craiglist advertised as a lsd fits 98-04 450 and landcruiser. also says has 411 gears I thought they are 410's

Good to know I have been searching the site since i posted, there is diff for sale on craiglist advertised as a lsd fits 98-04 450 and landcruiser. also says has 411 gears I thought they are 410's

sounds like a scam!!

so another search and 411 seems to be the right number. Was the lsd an option, and to go on to the second part of the question would it be worth putting it in not much talk of them being used here on to the 100 series forum for another search.

so searching the 100 series forum it looks like the lexus had lsd as an option can't remember what year..I appreciate the replies. So to continue with the tech why would it not work in my 97?

so searching the 100 series forum it looks like the lexus had lsd as an option can't remember what year..I appreciate the replies. So to continue with the tech why would it not work in my 97?
I think 98 and 97 have different rear axles.
Take a look at slee tech for 100
Slee Off-Road 100 Series Newbie Guide
You can also check sites like eaton and see if part number for lets say truetrac is the same for 97 and 98 but I doubt.
Do you know what kind of LSD is that? OEM option or something somebody bought as the addon?

Bear, actually some LX470's did have a LSD rear end. I have some at the shop that we removed. The LX 470 diff will bolt in, but the axles are 32 spline and the 80 is 30 spline. So that is why it will not work in the 80.

LX470's never had a e-locker. Only 98/99 Land Cruisers had that option. 4.3 gears with the 4 speed auto, then 4.1 with the 5 speed auto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom