Quick question for Slee rear bumper owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Ok...I stripped the rear interior plastic panels out of my LC for several reasons including trying to determine where the copious amounts of dust have been getting in.

Noticed on each side of each rear fender down low behind the Slee rear bumper "wings" are two oblong holes recessed into the fender itself approximately 1.5" wide x 4" long or so. It appears there are supposed to be plastic (?) body plugs here. But my FSM, on-line OEM parts breakdown and the local Toyota dealer can not turn up anything that is supposed to plug these holes.

These holes vent directly to the rear interior of my LC...my dust source! The trailer shop installed my 7-pin and brake controller by routing the wires through this hole...

Can someone that has a Slee bumper (you won't be able to see these holes/plugs with the factory bumper) take a peak and see if you have plugs filling these holes for me pelase?

Thanks,
Dan
LC Fender Hole.jpg

Last edited:
Check your email. I think they drilled it I don't remember there being a plug there.

No...these two holes were stamped there by Toyota.

Dan, I checked my stash and I must've thrown my spare plug out. I replaced the plug with the OEM trailer wiring harness which has it's own plug where the wires pass through. You might try the passenger side and see if there is an identical plug there. Then check for a part number on it.

Dan, I checked my stash and I must've thrown my spare plug out. I replaced the plug with the OEM trailer wiring harness which has it's own plug where the wires pass through. You might try the passenger side and see if there is an identical plug there. Then check for a part number on it.

Both side plugs are missing. FSM, on-line parts diagrams and Toyota parts here in Reno turned up nothing for this plug. 24HOURSOFNEVADA has some left over sound deadening material that he is providing to me...it'll look funky but it will serve the purpose...and it'll kinda go with the rest of the rig now :rolleyes:.

Strange its not in any parts diagram though. I'd be interested in seeing if the OEM trailer wiring harness plug could be utilized...since that's what passes through on one side.

Prove me wrong oh master of the search! ;)

CDan will know...

(He even knows if you've been Good or Bad... :eek: ) :D

CDan will know...

(He even knows if you've been Good or Bad... :eek: ) :D

I could try him but in the past he always has made a point of "not knowing anything about 100's...".

Ok...a great parts guy at TRDParts4U in Dallas found the part and diagram...now I just need to call around to see if anyone has them in stock (TRDparts4U didn't).

90950-01933
LC Fender Plug drawing.jpg

Let us know if you get them. Mine are missing too and I have that same dust issue...tons of dust behind interior plastic in rear.

Thanks

My guess is if TRD parts 4 U aka Toyota of Dallas aka Toyota Off Road Outfitters doesn't have them nobody will. They have a pretty large inventory of parts between their network. I will say I've found them to be a good resource on 100 info. How big physically is the plug? I'm wondering if there are any 80 series receprical plugs. If so, I might have some.

Toyota Dallas (TRDParts4U.com) was incredibly helpful as I mentioned. They said they, if I ordered these body plugs through them, would take 2-3 weeks and were happy to order them for me but directed me to check around for quicker timetable

So, armed with the part # I called Reno Toyota. They'll have them for me tomorrow. $9.50 for the pair.

That should address the nasty dust issue!

My guess is if TRD parts 4 U aka Toyota of Dallas aka Toyota Off Road Outfitters doesn't have them nobody will. They have a pretty large inventory of parts between their network. I will say I've found them to be a good resource on 100 info. How big physically is the plug? I'm wondering if there are any 80 series receprical plugs. If so, I might have some.

Eric, the plug is approximately 1.5" x 4". I'll snap some pics and measurements as soon as they come in...

This is weird, my oem harness doesn't to thru there it's on the inside
I think it is a revised harness to keep water away from some kind of trailer lighting box. It connects down below to the connector near the muffler and then the wires lead up through that spreso plug and using double sided tape is taped to a high point on the inside of the fender (near the vent) and then back down through the plug and out the back.

My 99 has this hole on the rear driver side, just replaced my trailer kit P/N 04008-60990 which comes with the cap for this hole where the harness passes through.

Alright...Dallas & Reno Toyota were right on the mark. Here they are FWIW.
LC Body Plugs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom