Quick question after birf's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I did the birf's a few weeks ago, and for lack of time I didn't bleed the brakes. Is it a big deal that I postponed this step, or can I wait a little while? The truck stops the same as it did before the PM...a little spongy. My pads are good, but the rotors are slightly warped (the steering wheel vibrates when braking at highway speed) but both still have some life in them. I'm only asking b/c I don't like to **** with brakes.

Cheers,
Ryan

It would have been "convenient" to bleed the brakes while you had the tire/wheels off, but to answer your question: It will not hurt anything to wait a bit.

If you are not familiar with this system, do a search, it has been discussed recently. Lots of good info, varying results.

If you didn't open the system (introduce air) there's no reason to bleed them.
If you did birfs, brakes should be no problem.

Conversely, the truck's brakes are designed to be bled with all 4 wheels on the ground. You can easily reach them by laying on the ground with a clear tube and clear container while a buddy pumps the brakes. Do some research or have someone with experience help with this the first time. Takes about 30 minutes.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom