Quick question after birf's

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by njfzj80, Oct 26, 2005.

1. njfzj80

njfzj80

Hey Guys,
    I did the birf's a few weeks ago, and for lack of time I didn't bleed the brakes. Is it a big deal that I postponed this step, or can I wait a little while? The truck stops the same as it did before the PM...a little spongy. My pads are good, but the rotors are slightly warped (the steering wheel vibrates when braking at highway speed) but both still have some life in them. I'm only asking b/c I don't like to f*ck with brakes.

Cheers,
    Ryan

2. flintknapper

flintknapper

It would have been "convenient" to bleed the brakes while you had the tire/wheels off, but to answer your question: It will not hurt anything to wait a bit.

If you are not familiar with this system, do a search, it has been discussed recently. Lots of good info, varying results.

3. 80me

80me

If you didn't open the system (introduce air) there's no reason to bleed them.
    If you did birfs, brakes should be no problem.

4. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Conversely, the truck's brakes are designed to be bled with all 4 wheels on the ground. You can easily reach them by laying on the ground with a clear tube and clear container while a buddy pumps the brakes. Do some research or have someone with experience help with this the first time. Takes about 30 minutes.

DougM

5. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

And dont forget to get extra bottle of brake fluid or DOT 3 Toyota brake fluid, bleed all 4 with Z with your car key in ACC position or leave the engine run.
    1) Front Driver Side.
    2) Front Passenger Side.
    3) Left rear then last one;
    4) Right rear.

6. clownmidget

clownmidget

uh, and LSPV...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.