quick intro -- new 80 series owner -- and Equipt Escape Gear Seat Coverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello ye mudders -

been lurking and shopping for my first LC for the last few months; have looked at 60-, 80-, and 100-series cruisers and ultimately decided that the 80 series was the best fit for my needs and my wallet.

found a 40th anniversary edition on craigslist in phoenix (i'm in flagstaff, about 2 hours and 5500 elevation ft north) that was in decent shape, had been well-taken care of, and for a fair price.

drove it home this morning.

i'm having trouble linking to pix in the new google+ set-up (so dumb that they no longer provide the easy link info that was available in picasa), so...

here's the album with pics of exterior and my first mod... easy install of the primo escape gear seat covers, made in prescott, az by the fine folks at equipt.

very impressive product; well-designed -- notice from the back how they eliminate the sad sack stock map holders -- and even comes in a nifty escape gear duffle bag. thx, paul!

also want to give a shout out to PBRStreetgang and Hltoppr for helping me in my search for my first cruiser -- youse guys iz awezome! :cheers:

Welcome. Nice looking ride. I can see why your trying to protect those seats. They sure look a lot better than mine. Nice covers too.

Welcome :beer:

Nice truck, glad to see its not just me with the faded paint!

Nice part of the world too, I passed through Az couple years back, rented the worlds most accomplished camry in flagstaff!

Welcome :flipoff2: Excellent choice in vehicle and seat covers.

I think the Escape Gear seat covers are actually made in South Africa by http://www.escapegear.co.za/ and that Equipt is the US distributor. I am very close to buying a set -- the only thing holding me up is there is a significant markup between the South Africa prices and the US prices. I am sure shipping and taxes are a beast, but I am very tempted to have some family friends who live down there pick me up a set [STRIKE]so I can get the second row.[/STRIKE] EDIT -- looks like Equipt now has second row in stock.

What are your build plans?

Last edited:
Nice, I have a set on the way from South Africa to Canada and much cheaper than ordering from the states. Equips price was much higher than what I got from the source even including shipping.

Welcome! It looks like you got a great rig - the seat covers look pretty good too! Keep us in the loop as you dive into more on your truck!

Nice looking rig. My uncle has one with 77k on the odometer. Of course he won't sell it. I will keep driving my 92 until I find a 40th with low miles. Good luck with the new rig. Great find!!!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Look what came in the mail today from escape gear south africa. I didn't even pay any duty. Amazing!

All in about 550$ CDN including a dash protector and front and rear seat covers.

Looking forward to installing them. Great product, great service.

ForumRunner_20130703_172858.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IH8MUD

ForumRunner_20130703_172858.jpg

nice, djsherif. interested in seeing that dash protector...

back from our first little camping trip in el gordito. nice to experience the many pleasures of the 80 series. seat covers are fantastic, even if i didn't get them directly from south africa. :doh:

and before leaving i pulled the running boards and the old rubber off, then pulled the wheels and had them powdercoated locally, and added BFG all terrains...

IMG_0486.jpg

much happier with this look..
IMG_0488.jpg

and a shot of the seat covers...
IMG_0453.jpg

and somebody tell me there is an easier way to upload pics to this site... none of my links or attempts worked, only uploading of attachments...

[ATTACH=full]777924[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]777925[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]777926[/ATTACH]

El Gordito is looking quite suave with the new shoes.
Attachments are par for the course with pics; unless I've been missing an easier route all this time...which is quite possible,.
What is next on the build list?

El Gordito is looking quite suave with the new shoes.

thank you, sir. me likey too.

[/QUOTE]Attachments are par for the course with pics; unless I've been missing an easier route all this time...which is quite possible.[/QUOTE]

what i don't understand is why the site doesn't allow me/us to link to pix using the photo icon up in the menu bar; pages would load faster than they currently do, i believe. perhaps someone can edumacate me on this?

[/QUOTE]What is next on the build list?[/QUOTE]

good question. gonna tackle the PHH. and i'd like to add a RTT and corresponding roof rack. anyone gots?

short of that, i think i'm just gonna drive and enjoy gordo for awhile, and save up my pesos for the next build items if/when they really strike my fancy...

I have a set on my 80. I like them, but I have worn a hole on the driver's cover from ingress and egress. I'll have to look and see when I bought them, but I'm pretty sure I've had them about a year. Glad I kept my old sheepskins that had been on there for several years.

Bought them 4/12

hey man, nice cruiser, and welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom