Quick Front Bezel Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm repainting my 74's bezel white and was wondering if it's supposed to be a flat/satin/semi/or gloss paint? I don't have any others to refer to. Thanks.....and yes, I'll try to put it back on right side up.;)

chrome it ,, BLING BLING .... ;)

mine is flat black ...

CHEERS ... :beer:

Gloss. Most are faded to satin, but it came out glossy.

new one, just out of the box for pics...then back in ;)
73550712.jpg

73550706.jpg

I dont know about you guys but i love the gloss white on the bezel with the gloss white hardtop fiberglass cap. I repainted both the fiberglass cap and front bezel with a gloss white. for some reason im thinking that it was a Chevy Automotive White. i think you can get it at a local parts store. I think the dupli-color gloss white is the same thing.

my question is that baked bezel doesn't look like cygnus... What color is it? or do we know?

I've seen bezels painted lots of colors except GOLD......any takers? It would have a nice gold trim package like all those newer cruisers and Lexus grocery getters!

your correct, its a tan/beige color, not even close to white.....but its OEM and it was used on some year(or random) 40's

see here
73824886.jpg

my question is that baked bezel doesn't look like cygnus... What color is it? or do we know?

black was never a bezel color

On my 76 Fj 40 it is white but the paint is fading and it is black under the white.

Pics B Comin

yes, chrome was an option for both bezel sytles, there were also OEM chrome bumper and bumperettes.........got a set of both new in the boxes :D

Was chromed an option? Got one on my 72.

option for a 78 anyways heres a pic from the 78 accessories lit.

The accessoried brocure is a neat find. Any chance you could scan all of it and post it?

From the pic, looks like an old Tampon commercial!

i could .but what you see is about all there was for the cruiser the rest of the pages where for the other model toy vehicles . ,just looked at it again probably won't fit that well in the scanner but i could play with it .

The accessoried brocure is a neat find. Any chance you could scan all of it and post it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom