Quick Dumb ? on Hood Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got this used, so all I have is the deflector... No instructions.

Since the cruiser has that rubber attached where this is to mount, does the deflector go between the hood and rubber?j

or

Just outside the rubber.

Plus are those push pins, just pry out, or require a special tool.

My cruiser came with an AVS hood deflector when I got it. It just connects right underneath the front of the hood. The only rubber there is the little pads on the screw holes where it connects. I am assuming that you are saying that yours connects farther underneath the front of the hood?

Last edited:
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, the rubber goes between the deflector and the grille, kinda like a sealer.

John

I wouldn't put that on there. I had one on my 100 when I bought it and never liked the look of it. I pulled it off one day and it had rubbed the edge of the hood and had rusted.

Longhorn...... This is a factory Yota deflector, so mine mounts to the factory holes area. Which is the exact holes holding up the rubber seal.

I did awesome it went to the hood, then the rubber, so it would still seal up OK,

Anyone?

Oh ya, I was thinking of cutting those corners off, if they dont stand up better.

Josh83 said:
I wouldn't put that on there. I had one on my 100 when I bought it and never liked the look of it. I pulled it off one day and it had rubbed the edge of the hood and had rusted.

Yeah, I thought about taking mine off. Never been a big fan of them. But, I have kinda gotten used to it and with a darker vehicle it blends it to be less noticable. Also, with a darker vehicle rock chips show up more, so it serves a purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom