Questions on Trxus MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcbparts.com
Hello, I am thinking baout running a 34x12.5z16 Trxus MT on my stock LX 450 wheels. What do you guys think about that?

I have OME mediums with 1" spacers and a Slee front and rear bumper with Confer roof rack

Thanks

Matt

i think a) there is a thread on this right now on the first page
b) if you searched there are a ton of threads on these tires
c) i love my 35" truxus on medium rear springs and j front springs

Perfect setup.

Great choice.. I love mine as well!

The Interco site is recommending a 8.5" wide wheel....What do you think about mounting it on the stock 8" wide wheel?

I am considering a new lift, something A LITTLE bigger.

What about the FOR gen II with my 1" spacers?

Do you think the 34x12.5 will still be good?

Thanks

Matt

You will be fine... I ran a 12.5 on a 7" wide wheel and I'm currently running 14" wide Iroks on an 8" wide wheel. It may wear a bit faster in the center, but I doubt you will notice. The good thing is a narrow wheel acts as a "poor mans beadlock" as it's a lot harder to loose a bead at lower tire pressure while wheeling.

Matt, in my opinion, i do not like spacers. I would prefer to achieve whatever lift height i'm after with the spring.

Also, if you go with FOR gen II spring, i would go ahead with the 35" truxus. That is my opinion.

I run 305/70/16 SSR radials (measure 34x12.5) on LX450 chromies with the OME heavy lift and I have plenty of room. You will be fine.

3.5" lift will swamp 34's. If you add spacers to increase lift, they will look tiny.

I will eventually run 37's on my F.O.R. Gen II kit (I took my rig on washboard this week, you can hardly feel it, I cannot believe how good this thing rides. On 35" MT's my rig is competing with my luxo minivan for ride quality).

OME medium max height if you want 34's to look good. At 4" you are going to start wanting 37's, trust me.

i have trxus on my 62 and love them. great on the rd and even better on the muddy trails. i don't air down and on the rocks is ok...

I'm running 35's and I love them. Better in every situation than the 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers I had on previously.

Here's a pic on FOR Gen 1 with 1 inch spacers.
P1010184 [800x600].JPG

Maybe I shouldn't have bought those Nittos from you:). Shaun, what color did you powder coat your wheels? Mine goes to the powder coater next week.

Andrew

Yet another vote for the 35's being awesome!

Maybe I shouldn't have bought those Nittos from you:). Shaun, what color did you powder coat your wheels? Mine goes to the powder coater next week.

Andrew

Ha, you'll like those tires just fine, they are a great All Terrain tire. The color of my wheels is 'cast iron'.

:cheers:

I am currently running the 35" Trxus with NO lift. I do not get any rubbing until I start to flex... Then I do get rubbing. I am waiting on my F.O.R. Gen II lift kit. I can't wait until I get them!!! Come on Frankie... ship the damn things.... :flipoff2:.

Back to the Trxus, I have had Toyo M/T's on a Chevy Blazer and now I have had the Trxus on my FZJ80. So far I absolutely LOVE the Trxus. They are quiet and friggin awesome in the snow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom