Questions on converting to 38 Weber carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to convert an '84 FJ60 to a 38 weber carb, but am not sure of where to buy a good quality one. I know many people get theirs from Manafre, but they are currently out of stock and I think I might be able to find one for a better price elsewhere. I want to get one that is good quality, but also one that isn't a cheap knock-off carb.

Spector off-road and redline weber sell the 38 weber carburetor and conversion kit also, but it seems that both need a new foot pedal and linkage and require an electronic choke instead of a manual one. If anyone has some experience with this and could give me some advice or post some links to other threads that would be great!

Last edited:
This is from the weber/redline website. carburetor part number 18930.086 is a manual choke carburetor. You won't find a weber that will connect directly to the rod linkage from the Toyota/Aisin carburetor. You will need to convert to a cable linkage. The kits also provides the necessary adapter to bolt the weber to the toyota intake manual.

I'm not sure what you mean by buying a "good quality Weber"--do you mean a good kit, or a good carburetor. Somehow I would think a Weber carburetor is a Weber carburetor regardless where you get it from as Weber is a brand name.

1593526354983.png

I'm curious why you want to convert to a Weber?

@2mbb I read a post on here recently that someone found out they had a knock-off Weber carb. It never ran correctly, etc.

I had a Weber purchased from MAF that bolted on with the stackable adapters and retained the stock linkage with trimming to a bracket. Not sure if that is MAF exclusive or something.

@84TANK I went back to an AISIN carb after a number of years. Sold the Weber. No regrets.

Last edited:
I
I want to convert an '84 FJ60 to a 38 weber carb, but am not sure of where to buy a good quality one. I know many people get theirs from Manafre, but they are currently out of stock and I think I might be able to find one for a better price elsewhere. I want to get one that is good quality, but also one that isn't a cheap knock-off carb.

Spector off-road and redline weber sell the 38 weber carburetor and conversion kit also, but it seems that both need a new foot pedal and linkage and require an electronic choke instead of a manual one. If anyone has some experience with this and could give me some advice or post some links to other threads that would be great!

If you don't need to smog (Which you don't if you're adding a different carb) then you need to consider sending your Aisan carb to Mark A of marksoffroad or Jim Chenoworth of JimC performance. If you can send a $50-100 used core carb off and wait 5 weeks, that would be best. If not, buy a city racer Fuji Carb and slap that on for $300. I've had amazing luck from my CityRacer.

Many will swear by the Weber, but I still feel it is a compromise. I can get an Aisan set and running great with a vacuum gauge and a flat head in 20 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom