questions on a 4" lift for fj 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is going to sound retarded....but a little while back i found a 4" lift for fj80's for around 800 bucks on offroadoutfittlers.com, at least thats what i thought it was...so i go to look for it again and can not find the site for anything...anyone know anything about this lift from a site with a similar name, thanks in advance

The only 4" lifts I know of are Slee and Dobinson (maybe). Slee sells his kit exclusively, and Dobinson is poor quality. My best advice to you if you want a 4" lift would be to save up about $1800, buy the Slee 4" kit (maybe with his new arms for future proofing), and be happy with the superior ride to anything else you will find.

You may also want to talk to Man-a-fre (ask for Steve) they have a kit for a 80-dont know if its 4" but worth a shot.

i have the man-a-fre 4" lift on my 80 and I am definitely happy with it...wait, is this gonna turn into a pic thread?

Isn't the OME J spring lift a 4"?

The J spring is an exception from OME designed in their eyes for custom apps or a REALLY heavy rig. It nets about 4" front and 5" rear on a stock weight rig.

Tools R Us said:
J's in the front and heavy's in the rear will net close to a level 4" on a stock weight rig.

When did you last see a "stock weight rig"? :)

That lasts about 10 minutes around here..........:D

cruiserdan said:
When did you last see a "stock weight rig"? :)

That lasts about 10 minutes around here..........:D

I drove one to work today!;p

Better be nice to me, I have some shinny black, round, alloy,,,,:whoops:

Slee's 4" lift kit provides a much better ride than OME J Springs. I had J springs for over 3 years and I now with the 4" lift from Slee my truck rides better than ever. Plus it's just awesome on the trail.

Regards

Alvaro

IMG_0614.jpg

alvarorb said:
Slee's 4" lift kit provides a much better ride than OME J Springs. I had J springs for over 3 years and I now with the 4" lift from Slee my truck rides better than ever. Plus it's just awesome on the trail.

Regards

Alvaro

That probably also depends on the weight, I like the ride of the J's on my stock weight truck. If anything would prefer slightly less spring rate for better flex.

J springs are suposed to lift 3" with recomended constant load in your Cruiser.

Here are much info ( long threads ) about MAF 4" kit .. search it :D

I run Slee 4" fronts and OME J spring rears...

Front ARB, Rear TJM w/35" trxxus

mid hub to flare front: 24 1/4"
mid hub to flare rear: 24 3/4"

picture time!
4inchlift (Medium).jpg

alkaline747trio said:
Same setup as FJBen, without front spacers, running 33's..add 1" to his front and rear measurements.

Spacers??? :confused: I don't have any spacers on. I put them on for a week up front and then she set front high so I took them out. They might go back in when the winch comes.

850J front 864 extra heavy rear 305/70 16 tires and a bit of a load.......
boating.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom