Questions: Cruiser Parts from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am gathering my parts list and researching. I was told to check out ordering parts from Australia. Shipping is the killer comparing to here in Canada but you are able to save substantially in some cases. I have a friend who has saved a hundred dollars on a part in the past. He always finds it cheaper unless he needs the part ASAP.
Take for instance this, does it sound too good to be true? He hasn't been charged for duty yet...

Timing Belt + W/Pump Kit Toyota Landcruiser 1HZ HZJ75 on eBay.ca (item 400196532554 end time 21-Mar-11 01:50:10 EDT)

anyone have experiences or recommendations for me?

Personally, I wouldn't buy important parts like that off ebay. Some people are comfortable with it, but I'm not. If I need to buy a part that is vital to my engine and will cause major damage if it fails, I prefer to buy from somewhere that I know the part being supplied is OEM (or better) and I can go back there if something goes wrong with it.

The price looks okay for retail. You can try Europe as well. Here are a couple others I know some Patrol owners have used.
www.milneroffroad.com
Euro4x4parts.com · 4x4 parts · Pièces 4x4 · Recambios 4x4
E-parts.lv - The biggest web-shop of auto spare parthttp://www.eparts.lv/eng

I know some Australians also buy from the US - stuff like suspension, electronics, guages and lockers can be had quite a bit cheaper in the US.

To really save money, look at overseas parts wholesalers. However many will not accept an order of less than $1000. You then have to guess and invest in what replacement parts you will most likely need - just like the retailers here.

I would also try John over at RADD, if your not in a huge hurry for stuff. I know John gets stuff from down under occasionally.

I BOUGHT INJECTORS FOR MY HDJ81 HERE:

HIFLO Fuel Injection
ATT STEVE

AND A STARTER HERE:

RooDogs 4WD
ATT NEIL

I HOPE IT HELPS.

X2 on these sellers. I have spoken with both and have found them very helpful.

I would also try John over at RADD, if your not in a huge hurry for stuff. I know John gets stuff from down under occasionally.

I think John keeps a decent amount of parts in stock as well. So, if you are in a hurry, he is one of the local BC go to people.

As for Australian ebay, its like any ebay, there's the good, the bad and the ugly. Many of them are also sourcing parts from China from manufactures making the same parts for OEM.

Air mail will run you $20 - $22 /Kg + duty and taxes (which doesn't always get charged, but most of the time).

The water pump and timing set weigh in at 3 Kg, and there may be some extra weight for packaging, so there's another $60 - $70.

The timing belt will be okay, but the water pump might be a dodgy/off-shore one for that kind of price. Make sue the timing kit comes with the tensioner spring.

Warranty issues are a concern - have a problem with a water pump I sell, and all it costs you is the postage. Have a problem with one of those and it's two or three weeks of down time + the phone calls + the hassle + postage etc.

I have 15 timing component kits and 11 Japanese water pumps in stock.

~John

I am all about saving money on some things but if there is any hassle involved if something goes wrong I kick myself for being cheap.

John you will be getting a phone call sometime soon. I ship out as of the 28th XD

I am all about saving money on some things but if there is any hassle involved if something goes wrong I kick myself for being cheap.

John you will be getting a phone call sometime soon. I ship out as of the 28th XD

Talk to me about the package, then we can talk pricing.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom