Questions about JDM 2UZFE engines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here bought a 2UZFE JDM engine? My main question is, do these engines came with number plate / VIN riveted or screwed on passenger side head on the engine? My GX470 and 4th gen 4runner has this VIN on the passenger side engine head and they match the VIN on my windshield.

I am asking because my 04 LX470 that i recently acquired does not have this VIN plate on the passenger side head, i am sure the engine was replaced. I wanted to know if i have a JDM engine installed.

Also please tell me if there any differences such as oil pan, etc..

Thanks guys

VINs are only riveted on the factory engine.

Replacement service parts do not have this feature (though the boss for the VIN will be there).

Generally indicates that the assembly has been replaced at some point in the past.

VINs are only riveted on the factory engine.

Replacement service parts do not have this feature (though the boss for the VIN will be there).

Generally indicates that the assembly has been replaced at some point in the past.
do JDM 2UZFE came with riveted VIN ?

99.999999% you do not have a JDM 2UZ. Last I checked with a JDM seller, in business for more than 20 years. They do not get 2UZ.
Stamps number on top front of block and casting markings on back of block near top BK2, "may" help determine if manufactured in Japan or USA.

99.999999% you do not have a JDM 2UZ. Last I checked with a JDM seller, in business for more than 20 years. They do not get 2UZ.
Stamps number on top front of block and casting markings on back of block near top BK2, "may" help determine if manufactured in Japan or USA.

Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom