Questions about Holley Carb with Downey intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I hope all of your projects have been going well being that most of us have been spending our time wrenching away at our Cruisers.
I have been getting my recently purchased 1987 FJ60 back up to a modern working standard, rust aside.
A few week ago I replaced the tie rod and relay rod ends as well at the damper, looking for a rebuilt PS gear box if anyone has one. I reached out to West Texas guys about a rebuild. They said about 4 weeks because they didn't have one on hand but I can't leave my car sitting that long because it is a daily driver.

BUT to the reason of this post!

After cleaning up the engine bay, as much as possible, I noticed the air intake filter is in bad condition. As I went looking for filters I could not find a single filter that matched the dimensions. Does anyone have infornmation on this carb and intake? The filter is about 10.75" x 5.75" x 1.75"

Thank you all in advance, this forum has helped me more than I have imagined.

IMG_0621 copy.jpg

IMG_2876 copy.jpg

IMG_6653 copy.jpg

IMG_9479 copy.jpg

IMG_9958 copy.jpg

Bunch of info on same issue here:

That thread had your air filter answer. You actually need a round filter that you push the sides in on to make oval. The filter number is listed.

Cripes, Mudders helped DeFuture before I got to it- - -way to go. Actually your existing K&N filter looks to be in very good condition. You can wash it with soapy water, let it dry, then apply a thin coat of ATF (red color, very close to K&N filter oil), filter will be clean, turn reddish again, and you will have saved 50 bucks or so having not bought a new E-1050- - -easy deal.

Cripes, Mudders helped DeFuture before I got to it- - -way to go. Actually your existing K&N filter looks to be in very good condition. You can wash it with soapy water, let it dry, then apply a thin coat of ATF (red color, very close to K&N filter oil), filter will be clean, turn reddish again, and you will have saved 50 bucks or so having not bought a new E-1050- - -easy deal.

Beautiful! That’s an easy fix!!

Got it set up a few weeks ago and it’s purring.
Do you happen to know what model Holley this is?

Guessing there is a serial number or cast in part number somewhere on the carb.

generally it is a 2 barrel holley 350. Used to use the tar out of them. But they do need some tweaks not to flood out on hills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom