1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about a 97

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by offroadkid, Jan 10, 2004.

1. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    Went to look at a 97 today. THe price is right, but it has a 2 1/2" Edelbrock lift kit? I haven't heard about this, only EMU. There's a control on the dash with 4 air lines going to each shock. They are not airbags. My other concern is the rear diff light wouldn't go solid when I drove foward and backed-up. Willit just take a while for the solenoid to "wake-up?" He said It's never been used for off-road, so maybe that's just what's wrong? I need your thoughts. Thanks!

2. MTNRAT

MTNRAT

Don't know anything about that suspension, but as for the rear locker, mine took about 400' in a long slow curve on a gravel road to engage when I first got the truck. Now with exersize it works quite quickly. I doubt anything is wrong with it. The actuator is probably working correctly, you must get the dog clutches to line up, thus the need for a curved path on a loose surface. As an after thought: if you don't like the suspension and the price is right you can always change to OME.
    Cheers,
    Sean

3. cruiserman

cruiserman

Edelbrock carries Eibach springs with their shocks, but no application is listed for Toyotas.

Spring/shock chart

4. brian

brian SILVER Star

the 4 controls are probably for air controlled shocks, so as you can control the valveing in them. like rancho rs9000's.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">