Questions about a 40 I'm looking at buying... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say run the Vin to see what it actually is as far as frame. The biggest thing about the price here that i see, is how good was all the swapping done. Not too sure about when they switched over the rear tail lights but i know my 72 has the round rears. That would tell me that they had to change out the rear crossmember for some reason( rust ).I would not spend that much for it. Too much work has to be done to it to get it right. ( body wise at least ) I would offer 2 grand.

HTH

i agree with the consensus, $5K is too much. getting a 60 series will get you way out of a lot of problems that 40 has and probably will continue to have. i got my bone stock '72 for $3K 11 years ago and i have seen others of similar vintage and condition for a similar price today. if you were really dead set on that truck, i certainly wouldnt offer more than $3K for it.

get one with a descent body composed of parts of similar years that has a tired F engine in it and do the swap yourself so you know what you are getting. unless the drivetrain looks brand new and the body is just plain rough, i would guess the drivetrain was treated as well as the sheet steel.

besides, why would you want a V8 anyway?!?! hahahah! ;) :D

e

Agreed... 5k is way too much, and liner in the tub can hide all kinds of rot! Mine was pretty rusty but had all original parts minus a v8 swap but was done good with an advance adaptor on to the original 4 speed. Third owner 28k on the odomoter and reportedly 30k on the motor but think is more like 130k. Not a huge deal cause id like to do some engine mods but then again I got mine for only 2k!!

SHOP around theres better out there!!!

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom