question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i own a 1968 fj40. Not really my rock crawler but most definatly i the one i take out on a night in the town. It has about 4 inches of lift and 33 12.50's on american racing 15's. Recently i noticed that the clutch is starting to slip when i apply applicable pressure to pass someone on the highway. Also i live on a dirt road so when the tires spinout a bit i can smell the clutch. So i was wondering what types of clutches can you put into a 1968 landcruiser running the original f motor a little moddified but not to the tail end coupled to the 3 speed trannys and 3 speed transfer. If anyone knows this would be most helpfull. Thnaks budget really isn't and issue but it would be nice to stay reasonable.

Merc

Oreily's says they can't get a clutch for a 1968 but they can for 1969. I would kinda like a heavy duty clutch for occasional offroad use. Plus if anyone knows how to adjust one of them that would be great to know as i have never done it with the little slave cylander. All my other ones has all mechanical with forks. Thanks

i have a 71 and just got a 3 finger clutch from coolcruisers.com. after looking around i found this to be the only clutch i could find. they sell it everywhere, but the heavy duty centerforce clutches dont fit the F motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom