question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Merc, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Merc

Merc

i own a 1968 fj40. Not really my rock crawler but most definatly i the one i take out on a night in the town. It has about 4 inches of lift and 33 12.50's on american racing 15's. Recently i noticed that the clutch is starting to slip when i apply applicable pressure to pass someone on the highway. Also i live on a dirt road so when the tires spinout a bit i can smell the clutch. So i was wondering what types of clutches can you put into a 1968 landcruiser running the original f motor a little moddified but not to the tail end coupled to the 3 speed trannys and 3 speed transfer. If anyone knows this would be most helpfull. Thnaks budget really isn't and issue but it would be nice to stay reasonable.

Merc

Oreily's says they can't get a clutch for a 1968 but they can for 1969. I would kinda like a heavy duty clutch for occasional offroad use. Plus if anyone knows how to adjust one of them that would be great to know as i have never done it with the little slave cylander. All my other ones has all mechanical with forks. Thanks

2. staplebus

staplebus

i have a 71 and just got a 3 finger clutch from coolcruisers.com. after looking around i found this to be the only clutch i could find. they sell it everywhere, but the heavy duty centerforce clutches dont fit the F motor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.