Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have a spare LED brake bar (the one that goes on the rear gate ) for a LX450 ? My truck failed VA inspection yesterday because my LED brake light is not "bright enough". I ordered a new one on Ebay but is coming from Florida so....who knows when is gong to get here. I could go ghetto with some Walmart option but I thought I would ask you guys first.

Many thanks,

I thought you have a 94.,.. Does it have a LED light bar in the back?

I’d check the wiring before replacing it, sounds more like a bad ground.

I did take it out and checked for corrosion. Didn't see anything obviously wrong. Wires look solid, although I didn't put the Fluke on them .I understand that the problem can be triggered by the Zenner diodes on the bar. There are people on mud talking replacing them and fixing the issue.

I will check the wires when I get home

You forgot to put the $20 on the seat.

the problem can be triggered by the Zenner diodes on the bar. There are people on mud talking replacing them and fixing the issue.

Hmmm, interesting.

I did take it out and checked for corrosion. Didn't see anything obviously wrong. Wires look solid, although I didn't put the Fluke on them .I understand that the problem can be triggered by the Zenner diodes on the bar. There are people on mud talking replacing them and fixing the issue.

I will check the wires when I get home
Well?

I replaced the light and its all fixed now. Since Radio Shack is no more, I didn't feel like looking for Zenner diodes on the internet. Besides, I wanted to get the inspection done before the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom