Question white marked on radiator hoses

Just pick 'em up 2 hours ago from local dealership.Does anyone know what the white mark on the radiator hose, or what is it for? sorry its late to go the garage to match with the old one.

Thank you

Last edited:

I used the white mark for alignment, set it to 12 o'clock position, the other end should line up pretty well.

Indeed the white mark is to be used to align the hose onto the gooseneck or wherever else its being placed. On the radiator, theres a tab molded in, align the white paint mark to that.

(On a completely unrelated note, hose manufacturers charge $0.10 per paint mark to the OEM, iirc. :rolleyes: )

Landpimp

GOLD Star

interesting, must be something new, never seen out of 100 OEM hoses any marked like that............gotta love toyota, kinda like the spark plug wires are #'d :D

Hey LX, you having heating problems or what??? Why allllllll the cooling system parts at the same time including the overflow tank and water pump? BTW, can you take a picture of the reverse side of the water pump, I've never seen the impeller in the 80 water pump. Thanks man, hope yer runnin cool! :cheers:

No I dont have heating problem, just want to get everything new and fresh before new year '06.
P.S: Pics as your requested.

Last edited:

LX_TREME said:
No I dont have heating problem, just want to get everything new and fresh before new year '06.
P.S: Pics as your requested.

Cool (haha) thanks man. :cheers:

11-26-05 01:40 AM
LX_TREME No I dont have heating problem, just want to get everything new and fresh before new year '06.
Sage advice, everyone!

Replace the water pump, hoses, thermostat, rad cap, maybe think about the fluid coupling on the fan, flush the cooling system, re-fill with Toyota red/pink, and you're good to go for a couple more years, before needing another round.

Well done, LX! :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom