Question: whats it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
not 100% sure if this is the right place for it, but i wanted to post up and see what the concensus is on this rig.

Im looking at a 1966 FJ45 long bed,

its very rust free, ive looked it over myself and have yet to find any serious rust. Frame looks good, its got a cheap but great looking Maaco fresh paint job.

350 small block Chevy swapped, (low compression in one cyl) (i want to diesel swap it anyways)

Mile marker overdrive

Bed and tailgate are both straight and rust free.

approx 80-100k miles on the V8.. who knows on the chasis.

The drivers seat is pretty tattered and has a ducktape cover, no biggie - an easy fix for an upholstry guy. the interior does need some work.. no major restoration.

Seller is asking 14,500 .. He is a great friend and i am considering purchasing this truck to "keep it in the family".

PS3-6-01805copy.jpg

DSC_1641-2.jpg

J504x335-03747.jpg

DSC_1732-1.jpg

DSC_1704-3.jpg

J504x335-03742.jpg

J504x335-03744.jpg

No, im not telling where it is... this is MY truck! :flipoff2:

so.. whats it worth ?

Last edited:
In CA he'd probably get that price. At 12k, he'd sell it pretty quickly. At 10k, it would be gone before you could email him.

If the frame and body are solid (look under the floor pan, below where the sidewall sits, for a common rot area, and inside the frame for flaking, especially if he was driving it around in CO) I might pay that price. It's not like you are going to get a solid, stock 45 for 8k.

Besides, what, you gonna sweat some old guy over 2k?

Cheers,
prat

I hear ya Prat.

he's actually a family friend, so im not gonna sweat him for much.. but im thinking 13k for that truck is a fair price.

I know that truck and it's pretty solid it could use some interior work and it has an over drive I think it's worth the money compared to some of the other rigs out there good luck

Your are going to have to look for a few more years to find one with a body that nice. If you were just going to replace the tired motor then rebuilt SB can be had for pretty cheap. I don't think it is out of line at all.

Right on guys. appreciate the advice.

Tancrusier- are you the guy in the boat with the 2 FJ45's?

next time im home i'll have to stop by and say hi.

just curious, did he swap the windshiled frame or modify the wiper assembly??

it should have 2 motors, no link.

good question.

I have no clue!

I do have a 45 and we have a couple of LVS at the shop that truck dos'e have a later style wind shield wiper motor look me up if your in Steamboat I am at the machine shop 879-4836

just curious, did he swap the windshiled frame or modify the wiper assembly??

it should have 2 motors, no link.

My oldest FJ25 has the vacuum wipers replace by this setup. Looked like it was a pretty easy swap. Beside the two speed wiper the wiper arms and wipers are better setup then the earlier two motor.

:cheers:

Cool tan, i'll look you up this weekend. I'll bring my 60

Thanks for your input Camel- any reason why 11 is all you'd toss down for this truck?

I guess maybe I need to go to CA or CO to sell my 45. I don't think it's worth $14.5k. Does it have a 3-spd or 4spd in it, (from the location of the shifter, I'd guess it's a 4spd)? Still drum brakes? Has it been repainted? The red looks too red, not an OEM color.

Have you made an offer?

Personally, I'd offer half...hard to do if it's a family friend. But, it sounds like you'll be dumping another 5 to 10k in it if you're putting in a diesel. So you're really just buying a body and frame, for that price.

Good luck,
Dan

^ Thats a good point.

im not buying it because its V8 swapped..

and yeah, it has been repainted

its a 4 speed with the mile marker overdrive

45 Worth

Looks like a great truck. I think 45's are just like realestate.They ain't makeing any more of it. Ask yourself whens the last time you saw a 45 you would consider owning for that price.You could wait and try to find a rust bucket with parts missing and only spend a couple thousand less.Look it over though to see if its a solid truck and not a body putty princess.

i know its had some rust repair, the owner who did it said he insisted that it was done with all replacement metal, and as little bondo as possible

right now, im short on garage space, so im considering painting my 60 series, and getting a motorcycle as well...

ahh decisions decisions

Did you pass on that fj45, the reason I said $11,000 is I have came across a few fj45's in my time and that's what I would put on it, no more not one cent. To say they are like realestate from post (16) is false. You do not know in 5 years what these trucks will be worth, more or less. And also there are a few fj45's out there, rare yes but every year you come across a few here and there.

Thanks for the advice Camel. Havent made a move on the truck yet, im still pondering painting my 60, and getting a Bike, or picking up the FJ45.

Im plumb out of garage space, and i wouldnt want to leave this one on the street, so i'd be hard pressed to pick this up till i had a 2 car garage.

Gents-

this truck is still on the market, I am not in the position to buy.

cheers

Milo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom