Question: Throttle Knob to nowhere? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I am a proud new owner of a 88 FJ62. I noticed that there is a throttle adjust knob on the dash that is not attached to the engine. The engine is fuel injected, so ... wouldn't a throttle adjust be used for a carburetor?

I'm pretty sure the FJ62 has a throttle knob as an option. It should connect to the accelerator pedal linkage via a cable. This is not the same as a choke, which provides a rich fuel mixture for a cold engine. The throttle knob would be used to increase idle during operations such as PTO winching, etc.

This item exists for helping the engine charge under electric winching and also when running a PTO.

I use mine only because it is really cool.

It's a manual throttle. If you look under the dash, there's a cable that runs to the gas pedal linkage.

that knob isn't important. in fact, its a terrible thing. get rid of it while you can, i'll let you even send it to me so it's out of your hair completely:)

Mine isn't actually the OEM unit, I snagged a military surplus hand throttle of eBay for $12. Works like a charm, and has enough range to go from 1,000 rpm to the dizzy heights of redline...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom