Question on Wheels: Mickey Thompson Classic Baja Lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Thinking of pulling the trigger on some Mickey Thompson "Classic Baja Lock" wheels and wanted to get any thoughts on these particular wheels and more importantly the fit. I have a white 96 and think these will look pretty cool. As far as fit, I'm digging around for bore diameter I found on fitment.com that the bore is 106.1 but I'll double check with the local guys. Other than that, I can't figure out the math on the offset backspace but thinking this would be OK (not worried about center caps).​

• Wheel Size: 16x8
  • Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5
  • Offset: 0
  • Backspace: 4.5
  • Max Load: 2600
  • Finish: Matte Black
Does anyone see issues with fitment? M/T is a good name in my book but does anyone have experience with them? Am I making a huge mistake :).

1618926545946.png

Fitment wise, it's a bit conservative in my view, but will work bore, offset and pattern. Looks wise, I think they look tawdry, a complete downgrade from stock wheels.

All these truck wheels are outsourced to a handful of manufacturers out of China. These companies simply slap a brand name on it and push product to the masses. People love to hate on made in China, but their wallets sing a diff tune. :D

I think you can do much better. I'd check out Summit Offroad Wheels, SCS and Black Rhino for better options. Good luck, bud.

The faux beadlock thing is pure fail IMO. If they were all black, maybe. As long as those center caps were pushed deep into the trash can.

Tough crowd :)

I like the faux beadlock/rock warrior look but agree most look better with a black ring vs silver. And yeah no center caps on any wheels for me, so no problem there.

Thanks for the input on fitment, very few wheels on my list available in the US right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom