Question on SST 09843−18020 (Diagnosis Check Wire) for 1999 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

The factory repair manual shows using this special service tool SST 09843−18020 (Diagnosis Check Wire) when trouble shooting Active Height Control issues. Where can I get one ? Is this something I can make myself ?

Regards

FLiu

Make it yourself from 6in of copper wire, strip both ends and bent into a U. If you want to get fancy lightly tap the ends with a hammer on an anvil or similar to flatten the wire a bit for a better fit into the DLC. Even a paper clip works.

Last edited:
I don't have a FSM. Curious as to what this SST or copper wire does to troubleshoot AHC.

I don't have a FSM. Curious as to what this SST or copper wire does to troubleshoot AHC.
There are two inbuilt diagnostic modes (Ts&E1 and Tc&E1 shorting within DLC1) that allow you to complete many checks and tests; important ones being damper check, signal input checks, manual front/rear height control for forced pump operation/priming the pump, independent solenoids & relay checks. Essentially you can do much of what Techstream allows you to do (but can't read pressures unfortunately) if you're in a diagnostic mode. Significantly, Tc&E1 shorted also lets you read and clear codes ;)

Cool. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom