Question on rewiring headlights, bumper, and fog lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Threads
My fog lights stopped working and my bumper lights are intermittent now. I'm pretty sure both piggyback off my headlights. My question is - what wiring harness and other connectors do I need to buy to get the job done? I would like to get it all re-wired. Thanks in advance!

Are you sure it's not a switching issue? Have you checked the connections to those lights from main harness?

Are you sure it's not a switching issue? Have you checked the connections to those lights from main harness?
I don't think it's the connection, but I can check that. One of the bumper lights works all the time. One is intermittent. Neither fog lights work now.

A multimeter could save you time and aggravation, not to mention money. Just uncouple connector and check for power.

Check the bulbs themselves too. If they didn't fail at the same time, you could just have dead bulbs.

Check the bulbs themselves too. If they didn't fail at the same time, you could just have dead bulbs.
The bumper light that is intermittent is as bright as the other one when it actually works. That's why I think it's the harness. The fog lights shouldn't randomly die. They haven't been used often at all.

How long did the lights work before they didn’t? When I first installed my new fog lights in my new bumper the worked but eventually blew a fuse. I had to use a different power source and a relay to get it to work.

How long did the lights work before they didn’t? When I first installed my new fog lights in my new bumper the worked but eventually blew a fuse. I had to use a different power source and a relay to get it to work.
This might be something to look at. I wondered if maybe I need a separate fuse block since I added lights. Did you install a new fuse block?

They are the fog lights in the TJM bumper
They are the fog lights in the TJM bumper
IMG_20190701_144945.jpg

ok, the picture is getting clearer now. I have the exact same bumper and lights. The TJM fog lights draw more amps than the OEM fogs bepending on model year. Slee helped me figure it out. My truck is a 2013. Heres a link to my fog light saga:

There are multiple ways to fix it, I did what seemed easiest to me. Its worked like a champ since.

ok, the picture is getting clearer now. I have the exact same bumper and lights. The TJM fog lights draw more amps than the OEM fogs bepending on model year. Slee helped me figure it out. My truck is a 2013. Heres a link to my fog light saga:

There are multiple ways to fix it, I did what seemed easiest to me. Its worked like a champ since.
Thank you, I am sure I am having the same issue.

This is the arc of a thread on Mud that really demonstrates the value of this site and community. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom