question on fuel door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
fueldoor1.JPG

fueldoor2.JPG

what is wrong with these pictures? wrong lock or something wrong with the tab above the gas cap? it will work if i turn the key so that the lock is between the 10:00-11:00 position, but then the key can't be removed until i return it to either the 3:00 or 9:00 position, but then the door isn't locked. does that make sense? i hope so. help...

With the locking bar as shown in the photo, the key should be in the locked/removable (vertical) position. Key should turn 90 degrees clockwise to open and the locking bar would then be facing down in the photo.

Remove the clip and reposition the lock, or remove the nut and reposition the locking bar to work properly. Key vertical, door locked. Key 90 degrees to the right, door open.

Hope that helps.
Todd Bull.

hey sizzle heres some pics of mine first one is locked position how it should be when the key will come out

second is unlocked how it should be located when the key won't come out
locked (Medium).JPG
unlocked (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
ok, so i have to reposition the locking bar. i'm not sure where the nut is that i need to remove. i've got a c-clip that will let me remove the bar, but not adjust it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom