Question on FJ60 value in WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents
Proud LC 100 owner who just got a call from my buddy in Chicago who is looking at this FJ60 for use at his second home in Michigan. The truck is a 4-owner 130K mile truck from the Northwest.

I checked KBB but they dont' go back that far (surprisingly) so I thought I would ask what a vehicle like this is worth? Seems clean and hasn't reported any mileage/odo issues or big claims that can be seen from the outside.

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ60-/171218723868?&maxbid=6200&autorefresh=true

Thanks Gents!!

Scott

Have to admit that rig looks very clean. Mileage is crazy low. I'd still have your friend spend the $ and get the carfax on it. I'm a cynic and will always check the "little old couple owned, never ran it off-road etc.

Some of the good points - looks to be original paint, interior looks clean. If it hasn't been in any accidents and doesn't have any rust I'd see this going for $9-11K on fleabay.

Would still want someone to check it out in person though.....I trust MUD and MUD-members only for their self assessment on a rig.

haha...$8500 sounds right...ebay always seems to go higher.

He'd probably take $7500 for it then. That would be a good deal i think.

Thing that worries me is in the ebay description he talks about the Original Owner being a retired couple and towing it behind an RV. If not done properly this can be a bad thing for these trucks from what I gather.

...and around here, that's on the high end for selling prices. People ASK that, but the rigs in reality
have to be VERY nice or have lots of desirable parts to get it.

For perspective, mine was a grand with a dead engine, and the body's in very good shape, with just
surface rust (from driving in the ocean, maybe?) underneath.

And yes, I once had a toad that had completely chowed its rear slip joint- truck had 130k on
the odo, and the rest of the drivetrain was just about new, but the rear driveshaft didn't like
being spun for so long without lube and load.

t

Cars are just more expensive in the Seattle area. Simple as that.
We usually buy our cars out of state due to this.

Cars are just more expensive in the Seattle area. Simple as that.
We usually buy our cars out of state due to this.
It's the road salt. Or, rather, the lack of. As former East Coaster and Midwesterner transplanted here to Seattle, I am still always amazed at the quantity and quality of old Japanese iron rolling around here. I think the born locals don't realize what old cars east of the mountains look like.

If it's as rust-free as my local rig was when I bought it, that's worth some premium. Tor's offer to check it out is generous. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two. ;p

Huh? For older cars, I find that the quality and quantity is much BETTER around here than most areas,
and that prices are pretty darned reasonable.

Early Land Cruisers, Volvo 122's, BMW 2002's, Datsun Roadsters, Saab 92's, all of these are pretty easy
to find in decent to good shape, and all seem to be much lower than nationally- if you can even
FIND them elsewhere. I buy locally. More often than I should!

Now, there's a lot of MONEY kicking around here, too,
so nice examples seem to get a real premium- but again, they're there
for the finding.

What I've seen in the last 25 years...

t

2.5 hours left on the ebay bid as of this moment

dougbert

That 60 has been on CL for over a month, nice looking rig

My 1986 has 112,000 on it now, I bought it in 2000 from Titus Will Toyota with 92,000 miles, I am the 3rd owner.

2nd owner bought it in 1991 from a lot in Tacoma with 60,000 miles, he lived in Fircrest and worked at Coke Cola in Tacoma, about a 3 mile trip, Titus did all the service work on it. In 1991 I actually looked at it when it was for sale, I wanted it, but got a 80 series instead. I never forgot it. Original owner lived in Gig Harbor....I remember it well.

When I got it in 2000....the seats were covered in thick plastic....the fabric had never been sat on! It had no rust and still is 99% rust free.

Our 1990 FJ62 and 1982 FJ40 both came from the original owners in Gig Harbor,both rust free and stock.

Roads in WA were not salted untill recently in King County.....not in Pierce and never in Gig Harbor. The salt air has no effect, even if you live right on the water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom