Question on a old glow plug thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some extra glow time and intermitantly glow system does not come on. Some on had posted a wiring diagram bypassing the stock system and useing a push button switch on the dash. Can you post it or email it please. Thanks
kn_davison@yahoo.ca

I personally wouldn't mess with the wiring. I do not watch the glow light on my '82 BJ60. I watch for the voltmeter to indicate that the glow circuit has finished it's work by jumping up from the lower voltage.

86HJ said:
Need some extra glow time and intermitantly glow system does not come on. Some on had posted a wiring diagram bypassing the stock system and useing a push button switch on the dash. Can you post it or email it please. Thanks
kn_davison@yahoo.ca

Ahhh, yes. The Wilson switch. Is a great upgrade to the superglow. It will come in handy now that a 13BT is going into Poo...hook the output side of the stock relay up to the screen, and off to the races. Simple. Simple install too, that maintains the stock glow indicator light.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=38416

Or, if it is a glow screen equipped trucks you are talking about (13BT/12HT) here is the thread on how to fool the temp sensor, and give yourself some extra glow to the screen. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=24480

hth's

gb

i have a pushbutton which runs a relay which powers up the plugs on mine(timer crapped out and relay is simple if you know how they work),this should work in parallel to the existing unit. another option might be replacing the plugs. i replaced the 12volt plugs with 10.5 volt plugs from uap napa(part y147t) in my bj60. the 10.5 volt plugs should be a little hotter, but probally not last as long as 12 volt. but they only cost about $18 when i got them, i think it was a couple years ago.

I'm going to install the push button switch on wednesday thanks for all the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom